GT UNC game time

D715

Georgia Tech Fan
If you are like me, wondering what time kickoff is. I found this:

The ACC has decided to use its six-day hold on the Georgia Tech vs North Carolina matchup and for almost every matchup in the conference next Saturday.

Kinda sux for planning

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow

The ACC has decided to use its six-day hold on the Georgia Tech vs North Carolina matchup and for almost every matchup in the conference next Saturday.

Kinda sux for planning
I'll translate it for you: If we beat BC, UNC will be a primetime kick. If we lose, it will probably be an afternoon game.

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
It looks to me as though there are 5 games on 6 day holds vying for:

Noon ABC
3:30 ABC or ESPN
ACC network 8pm
ACC network 3:30
CW (time ?)

The games:

Tech/UNC
Clemson/NC St
FSU/Wake
Duke/Louisville
UVA/Miami

My WAG is 12pm ABC if we win, ACCN 3:30 if we lose

slugboy

Staff member
It looks to me as though there are 5 games on 6 day holds vying for:

Noon ABC
3:30 ABC or ESPN
ACC network 8pm
ACC network 3:30
CW (time ?)

The games:

Tech/UNC
Clemson/NC St
FSU/Wake
Duke/Louisville
UVA/Miami

My WAG is 12pm ABC if we win, ACCN 3:30 if we lose
Clemson - NCST is a solid game, but not an ABC level game. Clemson has the Miami game, so if they lose that, where do you put their game?
CW is also a possibility

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
i would prefer not to have 8PM on ACCN. With ESPN in control of the network would mean the game getting over close to midnight. I normallt take Marta and that would be a little dicey

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I know the networks get four weeks a year of the dreaded six day option. I thought (but couldn’t find to validate) that there were some restrictions on the six day option. For example, I thought homecoming games were excluded.

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
Clemson - NCST is a solid game, but not an ABC level game. Clemson has the Miami game, so if they lose that, where do you put their game?
CW is also a possibility
I honestly have no clue. Clemson, FSU and Miami could all get better slots than their game deserves based on name recognition. Duke/Louisville has to be the best game, right? But they could get stuck on 3:30 ACCN or the CW

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I’m hoping for a 3:30 slot. I don’t really care what network it’s on because I’ll be at the game no matter what, and 3:30 is the sweet spot for kickoff times. You don’t have to wake up absurdly early to tailgate, and by the time the game is over there’s still some time to enjoy the night without staying out too late.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Keep in mind, if we get past BC then we'd be coming in with a 3-1 conference record. That could be enough of a storyline to get a better slot. Gotta believe the UVA/Miami would be the least desirable, especially if Miami loses to Clemson. Also to think about, the 3:30 slot already is known to be competing with the Georgia/Florida and ND/Pitt games. I think the CW slot will be at 6:30pm (purely a guess), based on pasted slots and ACC already has 3 matchups at 3:30pm. I just really do not want the noon as I'll be at this game, don't care about what network.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
As long as - Please Merciful Lord - it isn't a 12:00 game. I'll go to see us play BC, but I don't look forward to roasting in the sun while I watch the game. Even beer sales won't solve that problem.
It is projected to be 65* at kickoff and about 73* by the time the game ends. If you are roasting at those temperatures, you might need to go visit a doctor.

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow

Kinda sux for planning
And that is why 7 years ago I dropped my season tickets. The straw that broke the camel's back was the change in the Homecoming game in 2015 to a night game. Great win, but totally screwed up our homecoming group. Not going to happen, but once they start printing the tickets with the game time before the season starts, I will consider buying season tickets again. Having sold their collective souls to the television gods, I can't see it happening.

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
And that is why 7 years ago I dropped my season tickets. The straw that broke the camel's back was the change in the Homecoming game in 2015 to a night game. Great win, but totally screwed up our homecoming group. Not going to happen, but once they start printing the tickets with the game time before the season starts, I will consider buying season tickets again. Having sold their collective souls to the television gods, I can't see it happening.
Sorry to break it to ya pal, but that's how it is for every team in the country nowadays. That's not a Tech problem, it's an everywhere problem. And while I agree that it would be nice to know all of our kickoff times at the start of the season, finding out a week in advance gives plenty of time to plan. Also, you can usually make a fairly good guess about the game time based on the opponent.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Can’t see us getting 8pm, that’s the 4th worst slot and while out game may not be #1 it’s either #2 or 3 at worst.

We’ll play at 3:30. Clemp will take noon.