GT UNC game time

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Can’t see us getting 8pm, that’s the 4th worst slot and while out game may not be #1 it’s either #2 or 3 at worst.

We’ll play at 3:30. Clemp will take noon.
I truly believe the CW spot will be at 6:30. With that assumption, I disagree that the 8pm spot is the 4th worst spot. First two spots are the 12 and 3:30 on ABC/ESPN, clearly. then the 8pm ACCN because night games are better than 3:30, followed by 3:30 on ACCN in 4, finally the 6:30 on CW is worst slot. Keep in mind that matchups are judged more by viewership than ranked opponents. For that reason the Clem/NCST game is of higher value along with FSU/Wake, even though those matchups might not mean as much for conference race or matchup quality. UNC being undefeated brings a lot to the table coupled with us being competitive could push us into the 2 or 3 spot so 8pm on ACCN isn't out of the question.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I truly believe the CW spot will be at 6:30. With that assumption, I disagree that the 8pm spot is the 4th worst spot. First two spots are the 12 and 3:30 on ABC/ESPN, clearly. then the 8pm ACCN because night games are better than 3:30, followed by 3:30 on ACCN in 4, finally the 6:30 on CW is worst slot. Keep in mind that matchups are judged more by viewership than ranked opponents. For that reason the Clem/NCST game is of higher value along with FSU/Wake, even though those matchups might not mean as much for conference race or matchup quality. UNC being undefeated brings a lot to the table coupled with us being competitive could push us into the 2 or 3 spot so 8pm on ACCN isn't out of the question.
Can we just crush BC and go ahead and play unc at 8.
Yellow ......
..........Jackets

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm going to summarize... but need folks to shoot holes in this... (all times EDT military version)
1200 (aka Noon): 27.97% chance
1530: 32.68%
1830: 11.78%
2000: 23.60%
Other: 3.97%
The lack of precision and the fact that you only went out to two decimal places makes me think you made these numbers up. In fact I am 96.7034267% confident that you did.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I was hoping for a night game for this one. Homecoming, so it gives people more time for homecoming activities. They are doing the Paul Johnson HOF on campus salute. It just seems to me that doing that under the lights with the skyline lighted in the background is much better than an afternoon game.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
In typical fashion we get kicked to the curb
How so?

Saturday, Oct. 28
  • Florida State at Wake Forest, Noon ET on ABC
  • Clemson at NC State, 2 p.m. ET on The CW Network
  • Duke at Louisville, 3:30 p.m. ET on ESPN
  • Virginia at Miami, 3:30 p.m. on ACC Network
  • North Carolina at Georgia Tech, 8 p.m. ET on ACC Network