GT @ UL Mon 2/1 ACCN

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Damn. We were looking good when I got to the ophthalmologist’s office today (~4 minutes to go in the 1st). I get out 45 minutes later—and even though my eyesight is better—we looked much, much worse.

Not faulting the guys or anything. I know they gave their best, tired legs and all.

I blame my ophthalmologist.:cautious:

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
This really sucked. We are a better team than we showed, just did not have the legs. Now we have to rest up and get ready for the next one.

slugboy

Staff member
Damn. We were looking good when I got to the ophthalmologist’s office today (~4 minutes to go in the 1st). I get out 45 minutes later—and even though my eyesight is better—we looked much, much worse.

Not faulting the guys or anything. I know they gave their best, tired legs and all.

I blame my ophthalmologist.:cautious:
I'm not sure we didn't get our eyes dilated at halftime. Our aim was pretty bad.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
That sucked. Defense for the most part seemed pretty good but the orebs killed us. Sounds like the shot selection was for the most part okay but just lacked the legs. If the performance against ND is bad, I'd start to worry, but I tend to chalk this one up as just tired legs in a bad situation and move on.

That being said, Pastner messed up this year by not playing Howard and/or Gigiberia more early and at least giving himself an option of playing them in important minutes in ACC play. Sure, they may have been ready, but you can't have just one post player in conference play. It doesn't really matter if they are ready or not when you don't have other option. You have to suck it up and get Howard or Gigiberia minutes in the OOC so that when the time comes for situations like this, you at least have the option.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
If we win all remaining regular season games, that will give us 17 wins. I think that will get us an NCAAT bid. Anything short of that and I can only hope there is an NIT.

Deleted member 2897

If we win all remaining regular season games, that will give us 17 wins. I think that will get us an NCAAT bid. Anything short of that and I can only hope there is an NIT.

Not even close IMHO. 15-8 or 14-9 and I think we get in. That's a 6-3 or 7-2 finish.

We have left Wake Forest, Miami, Boston College, and Notre Dame who are really bad. That's 4 wins if we play like we should. That means we need to find at least 2 more wins between Virginia at home, Clemson on the road, Virginia Tech on the road, Syracuse at home, and Duke at home.

There's a lot of basketball left.

We've moved up like 50 spots in the NET rankings in the last 2 months. If we go 6-3 or 7-2, we'll move up into the 30s IMHO. With there being 64 teams, I don't see how you leave out teams in the 30s in the statistic you state that you use to make seed decisions. A 6-3 finish would probably land us in 6th in the ACC.

Remember strength of schedule matters, not just record. There are always teams that get in only a few games over 0.500. Right now Rutgers is #32 at 10-6. Penn State is #29 at 6-7.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Not even close IMHO. 15-8 or 14-9 and I think we get in. That's a 6-3 or 7-2 finish.

We have left Wake Forest, Miami, Boston College, and Notre Dame who are really bad. That's 4 wins if we play like we should. That means we need to find at least 2 more wins between Virginia at home, Clemson on the road, Virginia Tech on the road, Syracuse at home, and Duke at home.

There's a lot of basketball left.

We've moved up like 50 spots in the NET rankings in the last 2 months. If we go 6-3 or 7-2, we'll move up into the 30s IMHO. With there being 64 teams, I don't see how you leave out teams in the 30s in the statistic you state that you use to make seed decisions. A 6-3 finish would probably land us in 6th in the ACC.

Remember strength of schedule matters, not just record. There are always teams that get in only a few games over 0.500. Right now Rutgers is #32 at 10-6. Penn State is #29 at 6-7.
Fox Sports sent out a tweet earlier that had us and Duke in “the last four in” before the game. Not sure what this loss does to that, but we are right there.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Not a bit shocked. Game shoulda been played Wednesday instead of a Monday. 46 hours of rest vs 5 days of rest is not fair at all.
UL is at Cuse on Wednesday so that was a non-starter. There was no way this game was getting scheduled on any day that wasn't 2 days of rest, but as was mentioned, both teams were supposed to be on 2 days rest (which still hurts us more IMO but w/e). It sucks.

We're winning 4 of the next 5. Book it.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
UL is at Cuse on Wednesday so that was a non-starter. There was no way this game was getting scheduled on any day that wasn't 2 days of rest, but as was mentioned, both teams were supposed to be on 2 days rest (which still hurts us more IMO but w/e). It sucks.

We're winning 4 of the next 5. Book it.
That’s where I’m at with these next 6 games. I think we can go 4-2 at least. Pick up a win vs UVA and we should be good. 3-3 or worse then we’re in trouble.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Not surprised by the loss, but should have been much closer. Hard to watch Tech taking a shot and no one under the bucket to rebound but Louville players!! Have not seen stats , but I imagine Tech was around 30% from the floor.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Not a bit shocked. Game shoulda been played Wednesday instead of a Monday. 46 hours of rest vs 5 days of rest is not fair at all.
Less than that when you factor in travel. Did we even get a decent shoot around? The shooting percentage was awful.