GT-UCF in 2017 and 2020

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Toughest schedule in the nation will not get Tech in the CFP. Going undefeated, winning the ACC will. An undefeated winner of the conference championship game will not get passed over........unless there are 4 others undefeated conference champions.....the odds of that happening are almost nil. Scheduling UCF is an okay move......though only getting a home and home is not the best. It is far better to get a 2 for 1 from teams of that caliper. Having the extra home game is a much greater $$$$ benefit than simply selling an extra 10k seats for a "top name" opponent.
There is no way we could get a 2 for 1 with UCF without paying a huge amount of money. Michigan is paying them 1.5 million for a one time game in Ann Arbor next year. Stanford, South Carolina, Penn State, and Maryland have all scheduled home and home series with them recently, although the Penn State game was moved to Ireland later.

Animal02

Banned
There is no way we could get a 2 for 1 with UCF without paying a huge amount of money. Michigan is paying them 1.5 million for a one time game in Ann Arbor next year. Stanford, South Carolina, Penn State, and Maryland have all scheduled home and home series with them recently, although the Penn State game was moved to Ireland later.
I am not saying we could have...If Tech is going to schedule non P5 teams, they should go for teams that will give the 2 for 1 schedule.....the difference between a UCF and Tulane on the schedule will not mean anything WRT the CFP, and the added home game every year makes more $$$$ sense.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I think this is good for Tech. Great recruiting location and Orlando is a good location for fans. I've lived in Orlando four years and have been really hoping for this match up. The tailgating scene on UCF campus is ridiculous, so fans making the trip should have a good time. Sadly, I JUST accepted a job out west and will miss watching this one in person :(

GTFLETCH

Banned
So are the rumors true??? 2017 will have Tennesse and GT in the chick fil a kickoff game.... 2018 and 2020 will have home and home with Auburn?

Last edited: