GT-UCF in 2017 and 2020

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
This is a scary OOC game. Not much to gain by winning a lot to lose by losing. Should be a good one though!

Reminds me of many schools scheduling Ga Southern.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
This is a scary OOC game. Not much to gain by winning a lot to lose by losing. Should be a good one though!

Reminds me of many schools scheduling Ga Southern.

I agree but I think this is where we are stuck until we are consistently great, because the Elite teams will look at scheduling us in the same way (not to mention the unconventional offense adding extra risk).

I really liked the scheduling of BYU, unfortunately we got the crap kicked out of us. But those respect-seeking teams should be our bread and better.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Sorry. Count me as one who is totally unenthusiastic about this addition to the schedule. I see no upside to this one. It is not a school that brings us any prestige if we beat them. It is not a school that we recruit against. It is not a school that exites the fan base like bringing in a power 5 team. Nothing about this that I like.

Animal02

Banned
Toughest schedule in the nation will not get Tech in the CFP. Going undefeated, winning the ACC will. An undefeated winner of the conference championship game will not get passed over........unless there are 4 others undefeated conference champions.....the odds of that happening are almost nil. Scheduling UCF is an okay move......though only getting a home and home is not the best. It is far better to get a 2 for 1 from teams of that caliper. Having the extra home game is a much greater $$$$ benefit than simply selling an extra 10k seats for a "top name" opponent.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Sorry. Count me as one who is totally unenthusiastic about this addition to the schedule. I see no upside to this one. It is not a school that brings us any prestige if we beat them. It is not a school that we recruit against. It is not a school that exites the fan base like bringing in a power 5 team. Nothing about this that I like.
I agree it's not a huge headline program but it is also a program that is on the rise and performing on an admirable level throughout the past years. I think schools in general should not be afraid to schedule programs like UCF and Boise St, Tulane and others just because they aren't part of the "elite"

To be honest I'm way more happy about the UCF game in 2017 than the Wake Forest ACC game. 2020 is against Syracuse for the ACC game. Both of those I consider less of football programs than UCF