GT - Tulane post game thread

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Those people were probably in the lounges, just like those in the Club Level seats in Atlanta always are. Pitiful fans in my opinion.

I tailgate with a guy who has club level seats. If he chooses to go inside to watch the game in the shade and drink his comped beer, I'm not about to call him a pitiful fan--particularly because he's had season tickets since before I was born (which basically means: while Bobby Dodd was in his prime). He's been there game after game after game after game, and has been the host of our tailgate the entire time I've had season tickets. (I surely don't have enough points to tailgate in Peters!) Now he's getting up there up there in years, and his wife's health is too poor for her to come with him, but he is still committed to being there for every home game. If he wants to take a break from the heat, he's entitled.

Not saying everybody in club deserves that kind of benefit of the doubt, but lets not forget that some do.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Those people were probably in the lounges, just like those in the Club Level seats in Atlanta always are. Pitiful fans in my opinion.
Fandom is not solely defined by standing in the stadium all game long screaming your head off. It's about having an irrational love for something and expressing it. I'm about as die-hard a Tech fan as there is, but I'm not going to go stand in the 90 degree heat for 3 hrs when I can see the game better from the comfort of my den. I hate crowds (a little claustophobic) and can't stand being in direct sun for long periods of time. To go to these games in August/early September aren't any fun for me. If I had tickets, they'd be in the section where I could watch from inside too. That doesn't make me less of a fan. I enjoy the tailgate, the comradery with other fans, but I stay away from the things that totally sapp the enjoyment of gameday for me. There are many ways to show your fanaticism.

Besides, when they do something stupid, I want to swear and throw something. That's much better done in the privacy of my own home. When my kids were younger, my wife would take them away on gameday (and that included basketball).

Not all fans are defined the same, and I tire of the stereotypical die-hard who stands and screams for 3 hours condescending to others who don't find that an enjoyable way to watch the game. I absolutely love night games at Tech in the late Fall. Not a better venue to watch the team I love play.

(Boy am I going to get it. Bring it on.)

BTW: this response was only promted by SSTOM's comment, not in direct reply to his post. It's been something I've been biting my tongue on for a while.

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
I tailgate with a guy who has club level seats. If he chooses to go inside to watch the game in the shade and drink his comped beer, I'm not about to call him a pitiful fan--particularly because he's had season tickets since before I was born (which basically means: while Bobby Dodd was in his prime). He's been there game after game after game after game, and has been the host of our tailgate the entire time I've had season tickets. (I surely don't have enough points to tailgate in Peters!) Now he's getting up there up there in years, and his wife's health is too poor for her to come with him, but he is still committed to being there for every home game. If he wants to take a break from the heat, he's entitled.

Not saying everybody in club deserves that kind of benefit of the doubt, but lets not forget that some do.

Perspective is a very difficult thing to judge. All Tech grads understand the importance of the fulcrum.

All members of GT support group are important. Just because one can not yell as loud, afford the same level of support, or be present (post) as often does not lesson their support for Tech.

As for this fine person referenced, supporting Tech since the days of Coach Dodd, Thank You! There has been some very good times and some very not so good times. Those that knew Coach Dodd, understand the value of persistence, especially towards graduation.

Let us not forget what one of the things college attempts to teach, that by hard work all things are possible.

To Hell with Georgia!

That is all.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
No false starts two games in a row.
Not true. No COSTLY false starts, I'll give you. Remember our 1st and goal from the 1 for Byerly that turned into a first and goal from the 6? We scored anyway, but we had to work for it. In any case, the general tenor of your comment holds true. We have been better in this area so far.

waveprof

Georgia Tech Fan
I noticed that you had a lot of no shows in the expensive season ticket seats on the home side (behind our bench). We see that a lot too when the weather is hot. Too bad because you could have used more people there.
Not no shows. The issue is that the home side is basically one big luxury box. The lower level has air conditioned area with free food and drink (not kidding). The upper level a shaded area with fans. The people were there, but in the luxury box part