GT Taxpayer Money Story

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I didn't watch the "news" program, but I did read the article on WSBTV.com. I didn't understand from what they wrote if the funds used to pay for the events came from tax money given to the research institute for operations or if it came from federal contracts to conduct research. All the article says is that it was "tax money". The article does say that no state tax money was used, it was all federal tax money. At least in the web article there is no accounting for where exactly the money came from, what percentage was "tax money" vs what percentage was private research funding, or any other accounting. If Lockhead Martin has a team outing after completing a project for the government, is that wrong? I don't know if that is the type of thing that happened or not, but this article does not specify anything specific.

I am not trying to defend anything that GTRI did or didn't do. I am simply trying to point out that this article is extremely high on hyperbole and accusations, but very lacking in substance.