GT receives 0 votes in AP Top 25 Preseason Poll

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
The voters are so strange...looking at 2 games here (GT-UT & WV-VT), they were both won by a team ranked in the 20-25 range by single digits, with the losing team outgaining the winning. In fact, I'd say we looked much more dominant vs UT than WV did vs VT. Our game went to double overtime, WV lost in regulation. By any measure, we looked better than WV. Yet somehow, WV has 70 votes to our 0. It's not even like they were a highly ranked team that they didn't want to drop far...they were barely in at #22. It just flat out doesn't make any sense.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Rankings will sort themselves out when we win games. I honestly haven't cared about that since middle school. We need to focus on winning the next couple of games before ACC play.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Rankings will sort themselves out when we win games. I honestly haven't cared about that since middle school. We need to focus on winning the next couple of games before ACC play.
I hate being unranked because of the way the highlight/coverage shows work, unranked teams are generally ignored. I don't want to give ESPN any more reason to ignore us than they already have (ie most fans see our offense as "boring" or "antiquated", and don't care to actually see that it's neither of those things).
BTW, looking at individual votes, I'm kind of shocked by Rece Davis. Dude was in the building last night and talking about how dominant we looked for the vast majority of the game, yet has WV ranked #23, dropping only one spot, and us (and even more surprisingly, UT) unranked.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
To put the FL ranking a bit more in perspective as to its awesome silliness, they scored 17 points, 14 off of back to back pick 6s. Them being ranked is simply stupid at his point of the season.