Administrator
Staff member
Teams on our schedule
  • #5 - Clemson
  • #15 - Georgia
  • #18 - Miami
  • #21 - Virginia Tech
  • #25 - Tennessee
  • #32 - Pittsburgh (based on position in others receiving votes)
And for good measure, Kentucky, grabs 3 votes as they fought valiantly in their bowl game against a team that went 3-0 vs. the SEC.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Jackets begin the season as underdogs once again.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

From 2007-16 on average:

_ 15.4 teams started ranked and finished ranked (61.6 percent). Average movement for those teams was 6.34 places in either direction.

_ 8.0 teams started ranked top 10 and finished ranked (80 percent).

_ 5.4 teams started ranked top and finished ranked top 10 (54 percent).

_ 1.9 teams started unranked and finished ranked top 10.

Teams on our schedule
  • #5 - Clemson
  • #15 - Georgia
  • #18 - Miami
  • #21 - Virginia Tech
  • #25 - Tennessee
And for good measure, Kentucky, grabs 3 votes as they fought valiantly in their bowl game against a team that went 3-0 vs. the SEC.

Nothing new. And it is eminently fixable.

Deleted member 2897

uGA hasn't finished ranked 3 of the last 4 years. They are a complete joke. Probably one of the top 5 punchlines in the entire country. And yet here they are every year in the pre-season highly ranked. #GoSEC

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Let the AP poll hate on us,they've always hated us we will surprise them this year if we are in the top 20 I'll be happy Go Gt Georgia should be out of the top 20 I don't think they'll win the ND game

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
OK, math/stats people, isn't there a better way to assess the accuracy of the preseason polls by including the total number of FBS teams? Being 61% accurate on top 25 has to be better when you have 129 teams than if you had 40. How's that best accounted for? I'm sure it's pretty simple, but I'd rather someone tell me.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Could it be that we dismissed our best player on Friday and it went viral with the national media? Not saying they're right...but let's say Chubb were dismissed Friday out in Athens. You think they'd still be 15th?

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
giphy.gif

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Teams on our schedule
  • #5 - Clemson
  • #15 - Georgia
  • #18 - Miami
  • #21 - Virginia Tech
  • #25 - Tennessee

Seems about right. I would not rank us in the top 25 either... yet
Don't know that Tennessee should be in the top 25 but a lot of that is reputation
Everyone else is ranked about where they probably should be. Maybe Miami is ranked just a hair higher than I would have them.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
ACC is actually getting respect compared to years past. Tied for 2nd most teams in the poll obv behind the almighty SEC. All we have to do is win.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
People who vote on these things don't know who our QB is. Many may think we'll have a drop off from last year at QB. The same people don't know who our BB's will be. They may think we might have a drop off at BB with the top two from last year gone. Add the lost DL from last year.... I get why they voted the way they did. Whole lot of ?'s that they don't know the answer to yet. Heck, there's enough IF's to have me thinking we could be a 6 win team, but I have enough hope to think 10. Sometimes I drink, and hope at the same time. that's when I think we win 12+.