GT Ranked 48th in Preseason SP+ Projections

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
lol....98% of the players CPJ recruited never had played in his system. That is why I laugh at our current staff claiming that this is the biggest transition ever.....lol...
99.9% of those Players were recruited and signed with Tech because they didn’t have offers or a chance to play in this scheme at a P5 level. When Collins got here his 3 returning Quarterbacks weren’t recruited as Quarterbacks by anyone in the Power 5.

Scubapro

Banned
99.9% of those Players were recruited and signed with Tech because they didn’t have offers or a chance to play in this scheme at a P5 level. When Collins got here his 3 returning Quarterbacks weren’t recruited as Quarterbacks by anyone in the Power 5.
Shawn Jones wasn't recruited as a QB by any other school. Same for Joe Hamilton, Reggie Ball, Josh Nesbitt and Justin Thomas.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I hate these types of comments. There's nothing productive coming from this comment.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The good ol “I remember but could be mistakened” trick

Yeah. Memories are interesting that way. I recalled him being recruited by many as a safety, but as I said above, my memory has failed me before. All the sites show him as a 4* DT QB, so that's the info we have ATM.

That being said, at one point 247 had one of our former QBs accidentally listed as a 5* recruit for well over a year before they corrected it. I remember clearly posting that at the time as a joke when someone said we couldn't recruit 5* QBs....

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. Memories are interesting that way. I recalled him being recruited by many as a safety, but as I said above, my memory has failed me before. All the sites show him as a 4* DT QB, so that's the info we have ATM.

That being said, at one point 247 had one of our former QBs accidentally listed as a 5* recruit for well over a year before they corrected it. I remember clearly posting that at the time as a joke when someone said we couldn't recruit 5* QBs....
My memory is different. I don't remember who else recruited him and at what positions, but I do remember him being one of the highest DT QBs in that class. It created some excitement about having a top notch DT QB running the option when CPJ was hired.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
My memory is different. I don't remember who else recruited him and at what positions, but I do remember him being one of the highest DT QBs in that class. It created some excitement about having a top notch DT QB running the option when CPJ was hired.

You're most likely correct. We had a troll back then constantly insisting JN was being wasted at QB and his NFL future was as a Safety. (Turned out to be a true prognostication) Either way, JN was one of the better QBs in GT history, so he definitely left his mark on the program.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
.. All the sites show him as a 4* DT QB, so that's the info we have ATM.
Totally random, but at first quick read, I saw this as Defensive Tackle Quarterback and it made me laugh. But a little true since getting hit by Nesbitt probably felt like getting hit by a DT.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

You'll feel so much better once the CPJ hatred finally withers away.........

LibertyTurns

Banned
I do remember gas being 26.8 cents per gallon and and everyone in High school drink Hop'n Gator beer . Would put a $1 of gas in the car drive around about 2 hours park at the Piggy Wiggly parking lot and drink our beer till they run us off. Damn I'm old.
Remember when only the driver could not be drinking? Another passenger needed to hold his beer (N/A for Louisiana).

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I do remember gas being 26.8 cents per gallon and and everyone in High school drink Hop'n Gator beer . Would put a $1 of gas in the car drive around about 2 hours park at the Piggy Wiggly parking lot and drink our beer till they run us off. Damn I'm old.
I had a Chevy Corvair. I would skip lunch one day. Buy a dollar's worth of gas and drive around for a week.

Funny. As I watch what has happened in Texas and all those people being helpless. I am reminded of the Ice Storm in Atlanta in 1973. We had no power for 5 days and could not drive. We had plenty of food, cooked over the fire and had fun. Times have changed.