‘14- 23
‘15- 28
‘16- 22
‘17- 30
‘18- 23
‘19- 31
‘20- 12
‘21-15

avg recruiting ranking of 27- yeah i believe we can recruit like this consistently
So far he has a 25 that really wasn't a 25 because they still had the 4 star from Miami that passed away in it, and a 48. Long way from averaging 27. 34 majors and Calculus, aint going to happen and never has. Oh and let me add a couple more, we can't out recruit Fla St. ,Pitt, Louisville, heck, Vandy out did us for the 2021 class. Looks to me like we are regressing.

Last edited:

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
So far he has a 25 that really wasn't a 25 because they still had the 4 star from Miami that passed away in it, and a 48. Long way from averaging 27. 34 majors and Calculus, aint going to happen and never has. Oh and let me add a couple more, we can't out recruit Fla St. ,Pitt, Louisville, heck, Vandy out did us for the 2021 class. Looks to me like we are regressing.
84.79 is not greater than 86.42. So, no, Vandy did not come close to out recruiting us.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
With everything that has transpired since the game in Detroit, this coming season is the most easy to gauge. The focus is clearly on Collins coaching. Season 1 was about scheme shift and recruiting so there was a lot of fog to see our direction. Last season was about finding a QB and learning the system. This coming year its all clear. Time to see if this staff is up to the task. We have a QB who took about every snap last season. We have an all time GT great RB. We transferred in just about an entire defense. We may not win a lot of games but this staff needs to look competent. If not, GT football could be set back for another 8 years like we are seeing the abyss that is the basketball program.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
How was CPJ “basically put down”? Sound like you and CPJ both have thin-skinned
I remember the outrage when we lined up in Paul’s triple formation on the first play in Collins first spring game. People actually took it as a shot at the former staff and not an acknowledgement......
I remember at the Detroit pregame party people were already ****ting on Collins. I swear some in this fan base would rather see a coach fail to satisfy their own agenda than see the program change and succeed.

With everything that has transpired since the game in Detroit, this coming season is the most easy to gauge. The focus is clearly on Collins coaching. Season 1 was about scheme shift and recruiting so there was a lot of fog to see our direction. Last season was about finding a QB and learning the system. This coming year its all clear. Time to see if this staff is up to the task. We have a QB who took about every snap last season. We have an all time GT great RB. We transferred in just about an entire defense. We may not win a lot of games but this staff needs to look competent. If not, GT football could be set back for another 8 years like we are seeing the abyss that is the basketball program.
Well I think Gibbs is very good. All time great um he has to show some more to out do ELI, Lavette and Mays. My concern is this. With the portal it works both ways. If we have another bad season you know someone will be in his ear telling him to transfer.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Careful. You are using Average stars. I was told on this board that you can't do that. If you did some of CPJs classes would be higher. In absolute rank Vandy was 35
That's ok. CPJ recruited to his offense and recruits are rated for a completely different offense. But I understand if you're one who prefers quantity to quality. Neither is wrong, just different. It's obvious that Coach Collins could've gone for numbers to produce a higher ranked class if he wanted to play that game, but he saw a chance to get better and older at the same time and wisely chose the talent we have.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
I guess your looking 247

UNC in the last decade per rivals:

‘12- 44
‘’13- 42
‘14- 23
‘15- 28
‘16- 22
‘17- 30
‘18- 23
‘19- 31
‘20- 12
‘21-15

avg recruiting ranking of 27- yeah i believe we can recruit like this consistently
I think we can do that too (stay around 27). They've already shown they can do that in the first two cycles (I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised by this).
I meant since Mack has been there though, seems like they really kicked it into overdrive. If we can eventually get to that level, then we would be in business.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think we can do that too (stay around 27). They've already shown they can do that in the first two cycles (I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised by this).
I meant since Mack has been there though, seems like they really kicked it into overdrive. If we can eventually get to that level, then we would be in business.
I can't remember the last time I saw UNC and thought we had more talent. Now, it is even worse with Mack there again. They and Miami can get more players and waste the talent than just about anyone else in the ACC. Must be nice. We may or may not be able to consistently get UNC's average of 27 over a decade but they are a far cry from what they were 10 years ago.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I can't remember the last time I saw UNC and thought we had more talent. Now, it is even worse with Mack there again. They and Miami can get more players and waste the talent than just about anyone else in the ACC. Must be nice. We may or may not be able to consistently get UNC's average of 27 over a decade but they are a far cry from what they were 10 years ago.
The State of NC ‘21 recruiting talent was on par with a GA last yr and UNC pulled 95% of the instate guys in. I don’t see that being an annual thing for NC HS talent. They also did well in VA taking advantage of UVA & VT being in disarray. We will see if they replicate last season

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The State of NC ‘21 recruiting talent was on par with a GA last yr and UNC pulled 95% of the instate guys in. I don’t see that being an annual thing for NC HS talent. They also did well in VA taking advantage of UVA & VT being in disarray. We will see if they replicate last season
They will replicate it, the one thing that guy can do is recruit. He always has, everywhere he has been. Besides, as you point out, UNC got 95% of the instate guys even with Duke, Wake Forest, and NC State trying to get their share. They are not even competitive it seems like.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well I think Gibbs is very good. All time great um he has to show some more to out do ELI, Lavette and Mays. My concern is this. With the portal it works both ways. If we have another bad season you know someone will be in his ear telling him to transfer.

He‘s only played 1 season so give him time. And I never tried to say he is the all time great, but he’s definitely the best RB we’ve had in the past 30 years. He won’t set any records because we are in a passing era and he’ll be gone after 3 years. He’ll be the first GT RB to make a name for himself in the NFL in decades. And I know Levens had a nice run in the NFL but Gibbs is on a different level.