GT Pro Day

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Wow. Either Simmons is a paper tiger or we really failed to leverage his talents. Hard to imagine those measurables getting overlooked by the NFL.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Wow. Either Simmons is a paper tiger or we really failed to leverage his talents. Hard to imagine those measurables getting overlooked by the NFL.
Amp was a beast in 2016. He played on passing downs and seem to be in the backfield everytime. Was a lot quieter in '17.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think he had the potential to be very good at the next level given he’s put in the right place. Being able to be put in a system where you are used to your strengths is a huge thing imo.

Deleted member 2897

I thought I'd remembered Amp getting down the field first on kickoffs a lot. Sure enough, I picked a game at random (Virginia), fast forwarded into the game until the first time we kicked off (first kickoff was onsides trick, second one was regular), and sure enough, there he is making the tackle. Sub 4.5 seems about right - but amazing how many times a Defensive Lineman was the first guy down the field on kickoffs.
6Ry37V.gif

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
#TGW: ALL WE NEED IS A CHANCE
Yellow Jackets looked to create opportunities for themselves on the next level at Pro Day

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031918aaa.html

The odds of making it to the NFL are long -- of NCAA seniors, approximately one player in 50 gets drafted.

Georgia Tech student-athletes probably rank among the best at figuring those odds. Last Friday afternoon, 14 Yellow Jackets graduates -- or soon-to-be graduates -- took the first step in BEATING them, taking part in the program’s annual Pro Day at the John and Mary Brock Football Practice Facility.

Their message to more than 30 representatives from 21 National Football League and two Canadian Football League teams was simple: Just give us a chance.

“This is always something that I think every kid from the time they start playing football dreams about and it’s great to have an opportunity for them to be able to come out here and at least get tested and show off all the hard work they’ve put in,” said head coach Paul Johnson, who has had 38 players make it to the NFL -- approximately four a year. “If you come out and do something eye-popping it’s going to help you, but the bottom line is these guys are going to watch the tape and see how they play in the games and then try to put the two together. Most of these guys just want a chance.”