GT Pro Day

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Georgia Tech will have 12 participants.

Former Jacket Freddie Burden, a three-year starter at center who went undrafted and unsigned in 2017, will join Jeune and 10 others who played for Tech last season.

Pro day participants:

Lance Austin, CB
Lawrence Austin, CB
Freddie Burden, C
Shamire Devine, OG
Step Durham, CB
KeShun Freeman, DE
JJ Green, RB
Corey Griffin, S
Ricky Jeune, WR
Terrell Lewis, LB
Antonio Messick, WR
Antonio Simmons, DE

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Former Jacket Freddie Burden, a three-year starter at center who went undrafted and unsigned in 2017, will join Jeune and 10 others who played for Tech last season.

Pro day participants:

Lance Austin, CB
Lawrence Austin, CB
Freddie Burden, C
Shamire Devine, OG
Step Durham, CB
KeShun Freeman, DE
JJ Green, RB
Corey Griffin, S
Ricky Jeune, WR
Terrell Lewis, LB
Antonio Messick, WR
Antonio Simmons, DE
IMO Simmons, Jeune, Griffin, Green, and Devine will all get a chance at the new level whether it be by them getting drafted or I drafted free agent.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
IMO Simmons, Jeune, Griffin, Green, and Devine will all get a chance at the new level whether it be by them getting drafted or I drafted free agent.
I wouldn't be surprised if you are right, especially about Jeune, Simmons, and Devine.

I hope Burden gets picked up too. I bet he didn't get a tumble because of his senior year injury. If he's recovered - hope so - I also bet he'll get a shot.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Can't wait to see Green. I honestly feel like we underused him, I know it was probably because of Blocking but he is a great running back.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
#TGW: FIGHTING HIS WAY BACK
Former Georgia Tech football standout continues his injury-delayed quest for an NFL roster spot when the Yellow Jackets host their annual Pro Day on March 16

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030618aaa.html

Freddie Burden has been there but hasn't been able to do all that. What he wasn't able to do was all that typically goes into Georgia Tech's Pro Day last year, so he's looking forward to returning to The Flats to audition for the NFL next week.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Pro day participants:

Lance Austin, CB
Lawrence Austin, CB
Freddie Burden, C
Shamire Devine, OG
Step Durham, CB
KeShun Freeman, DE
JJ Green, RB
Corey Griffin, S
Ricky Jeune, WR
Terrell Lewis, LB
Antonio Messick, WR
Antonio Simmons, DE

The best of luck to all of them. Ricky is the only one that I would draft. But that's just me.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
#TGW: QUIETLY LOOKING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY
Ricky Jeune plans to use Pro Day to make his NFL dream reality, silence critics

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031518aac.html

Ricky Jeune doesn’t believe in the word “but.” Especially not when he’s pursuing his dreams.

For him, “but” is a four-letter word, one used by others to keep him from getting where he wants to go and fulfilling his goals.
There may be some “buts” and doubts directed toward Jeune and Georgia Tech receivers. He has his own message to the skeptics and doubters. “Butt out!”

Jeune wasn’t at the NFL Combine but feels he can still make an impression with a good Pro Day performance. He’s already impressed ESPN’s NFL Draft guru Mel Kiper, who told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

“I think Ricky Jeune is the most interesting one – the wide receiver. Because they’ve had a history of producing some receivers. Obviously, you know who the big names were. I think he is a guy that fights for the ball, he makes plays after the catch, he’ll block very effectively. I think Ricky Jeune is that under-the-radar wide receiver somebody’s going to get, probably Day 3. I think he could have a nice career in the NFL.”

Deleted member 2897

KQ is posting updates over on Twitter and Rivals.

I think Antonio Simmons ran a 4.50 in the 40 (blazing for a DE). I think he said Freddie B and Step Durham are not participating due to last minute injuries (IIRC). I haven't seen any videos or anything. Said Shamire Devine looks down about 10 pounds from the season and looks trim and fit. (!)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
With Beasley moving back to DE (falcons), I would love to see Simmons picked up by the falcons and let him play the role Beasley was in last year.

Deleted member 2897

Antonio Simmons said two different guys clocked him at 4.3-4.4. WOW.

Said he has put on 16 pounds but dropped his body fat to ~5%.

KeyShun nearly broad jumped 11 feet, which would have been at the top of the combine.