GT Primary Colors debate

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Yup. Navy is our main color and gold is the accent. Per GTAA
That’s definitely NOT true. GT just didn’t correct them…..as usual 😡
There are countless examples of GT ONLY promoting White and Gold as our colors in the last 12 months alone. As I’ve said before, any common sense GT fan knows we are the W&G…let’s be real here

Last edited:

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Which is strange considering the rumor that the volleyball (or maybe women's basketball?) team were fined/penalized by J Batt/GTAA for their uniforms being/having too much navy blue last year.
Wow that’s honestly great to hear from J Batt. It truly is strange that our WBB and Volleyball team seem to wear blue 90% of the time. Do they do it on purpose? I don’t get it. I just can’t wrap my head around why GT won’t just promote an actual unique color combo of white and gold. It’s super frustrating. If GT ONLY promoted white and gold the fanbase would 100% be happy. It’s an easy win for J Batt. Someone just needs to tell him 🤷‍♂️

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I genuinely don’t think GT provided that. They just didn’t correct it because they either don’t care to learn about GT or they are just lazy. It sucks for sure
Possibly, but I'm not sure. People have been reporting on FOIA requests all year with regards to assets sent over from athletic departments to EA Sports. This has not been a freewheeling job by EA - they've been in partnership with most-if-not-all 134 programs.

If this is an EA job, that is still highly disappointing since I know for a fact we have at least 1 but likely several Georgia Tech alums on the game development team. How do they not speak up about the color screw-up?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Speak for yourself. I like navy blue as one of our primary colors.
It’s not a primary color. White and gold are the primary colors. That’s a fact. Dark blue is a third color which often serves as a nice contrast to white and gold in our uniforms and graphics.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It’s not a primary color. White and gold are the primary colors. That’s a fact. Dark blue is a third color which often serves as a nice contrast to white and gold in our uniforms and graphics.

It is, in fact, a primary color. Per the official GT website:

1721737268355.png

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
It appears that image is from the mobile site. As @Vespidae said brand turnover takes time and mobile versions of websites often are among the last to be updated.
Well then, we’ll wait and see. From your snip it appears a new color, dark blue, has been added. It’s really a moot point as dark blue has been a staple in our color palette for about 35 years now.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
The big difference is it went from a secondary color to a primary color in terms of brand.
And that’s fine. I have zero issue with that, but it is apparently (if their website versions haven’t all been harmonized yet) a recent decision. Again, I like the blue, and it makes sense to add a darker color, so it’s no issue to me, but this might be just another reason for the discord we see.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
And that’s fine. I have zero issue with that, but it is apparently (if their website versions haven’t all been harmonized yet) a recent decision. Again, I like the blue, and it makes sense to add a darker color, so it’s no issue to me, but this might be just another reason for the discord we see.

GT has never been good at messaging. While some of the issues are legit (rebranding takes time after all) Tech's spotty history with managing change leads me to believe that there are most likely areas where they have definitely dropped the ball in how they are handling this.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
To me, it's a common sense change that I view more as an update. Dark blue/Navy blue sales - it has been a part of our merchandise color scheme for a long, long time. We've had Navy blue on our uni's for a long time (in various amounts, but always present). IIWII

Personally, I prefer Gold to be our primary color, but nobody wants a gold or white jacket/coat...

I make it a point to buy gold shirts and "gameday gear" EVERY YEAR as my personal contribution to the movement to get manufacturers to make more gold gear.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
GT has never been good at messaging. While some of the issues are legit (rebranding takes time after all) Tech's spotty history with managing change leads me to believe that there are most likely areas where they have definitely dropped the ball in how they are handling this.
I checked. The refresh was launched in 2021. That you still have legacy issues at this point is not a good look.

FWIW, Tech has dropped the term "To Hell with Georgia" as an Institute Mark.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
To me, it's a common sense change that I view more as an update. Dark blue/Navy blue sales - it has been a part of our merchandise color scheme for a long, long time. We've had Navy blue on our uni's for a long time (in various amounts, but always present). IIWII

Personally, I prefer Gold to be our primary color, but nobody wants a gold or white jacket/coat...

I make it a point to buy gold shirts and "gameday gear" EVERY YEAR as my personal contribution to the movement to get manufacturers to make more gold gear.

I make sure to have gold gameday gear, but I wear navy polos to work routinely. Wearing one today in fact...

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
The website has navy blue listed as a primary color whether I view the site on my iphone or my ipad or my computer.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
The website has navy blue listed as a primary color whether I view the site on my iphone or my ipad or my computer.
I just gave you a screen shot above where that is not the case. Again, I like dark blue and have a lot of dark blue clothing of all types, with and without a GT logo. It’s not a problem to me, really.

I’m just commenting that our primary school colors historically have been white and gold. That is beyond debate. We all know this. They have chosen, apparently recently, to add a dark blue color as a primary color. I’m fine with that.

Now let’s update “Up With the White and Gold” to include blue. Ha!

“Oh well it’s up with the white, gold, blue, down with the red and black…”

It can work. 😛

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I just gave you a screen shot above where that is not the case. Again, I like dark blue and have a lot of dark blue clothing of all types, with and without a GT logo. It’s not a problem to me, really.

I’m just commenting that our primary school colors historically have been white and gold. That is beyond debate. We all know this. They have chosen, apparently recently, to add a dark blue color as a primary color. I’m fine with that.

Now let’s update “Up With the White and Gold” to include blue. Ha!

“Oh well it’s up with the white, gold, blue, down with the red and black…”

It can work. 😛
Dude I was just telling you how it shows up on my devices. Not how it shows up on your devices.