GT Primary Colors debate

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It's cynical but I don't believe them for a second that they are going to actually make gold apparel. That's just marketing speak and brand building.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
No matter what company we end up with, there will always be more gray, black, and blue than gold and white because gray, black, and blue sell better.
Very much understand and agree with "what sells" but it sure would be nice to have the choice of more whites and the right shade of gold. :)

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Sucks big time. They don’t even know our colors are white and gold. So frustrating. The fact that we can’t get a Gold shirt with a white GT logo is ridiculous

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
Not what i am referring to. Just Gold Apparel with a Clean white GT logo (no border). Thats it. Insane we dont have that
From discussions with GT Branding, after the Institute rebrand, it's only Athletics/Athletics-affiliated that can use the outlined GT. The rest of the Institute (the colleges, departments, the alumni association, etc.) now have the non-outline GT as their official logo.

Still seems a bit inconsistent across all the various apparel vendors, so will be interesting if they eventually differentiate.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Adidas likes blue even more than this guy

IMG_5236.gif

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
NEW adidas baseball shirt/sweatshirt available on Fanatics sites.
View attachment 16327
Terrible. Will adidas ever learn our colors? :(

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
NEW adidas polyester t-shirt and polyester hooded long-sleeve shirt, available from Fanatics sites.
View attachment 16371View attachment 16370
Adidas freaking sucks. They legit think we are byu, navy or notre dame

Schlandy

Georgia Tech Fan
I don’t get how this isn’t an issue at the AA level. I feel like the fan base has been more than vocal. It probably boils down to the fact that the schools brand refresh a few years back cost a bajillion dollars and won’t be rolled back anytime very soon. It sucks though and I’m shocked Cabrera let it all through.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t get how this isn’t an issue at the AA level. I feel like the fan base has been more than vocal. It probably boils down to the fact that the schools brand refresh a few years back cost a bajillion dollars and won’t be rolled back anytime very soon. It sucks though and I’m shocked Cabrera let it all through.

I’ve wondered this myself. I think the reality is the majority of our fanbase doesn’t mind as much as some of us think.

To me the bigger issue is optics. By that I mean that visually our fanbase at football games looks like a kaleidoscope of seven different shades of yellow, gray, grey, five different shades of blue, black, white and three shades of gold. But I’m going to tell myself those are all GT fans at the Notre Dame / GT game.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
There’s navy, dark navy, and midnight navy. Most formal dress is midnight navy as it actually looks black under light at night. Black looks strange, which is why it’s not recommended.
The color Navy blue is the color of the Navy uniform. That is its namesake. Period. Only GT people could argue this. Otherwise, it’s just dark blue.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The color Navy blue is the color of the Navy uniform. That is its namesake. Period. Only GT people could argue this. Otherwise, it’s just dark blue.
Sorry. It’s not “period”. The picture shown is “dark navy” as stated in the military regulations (which is a distinct color itself) but I can get the Pantone and verify. “Navy” as used in common language is used for coveralls. The term originated with the British, not the U.S. Navy … Since 2010, USN regulations require BLACK trousers and shoes.

The USN has very detailed specs which it changes periodically. And those serving complain as much as Tech fans.

In my experience, Tech does very little to control its colors at the manufacturer level. Other programs require only specific colors to be used and the license will be pulled if they violate it. Tech does not have a reputation doing this, but rather, accepting whatever the supply chain has that’s close enough.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
In my experience, Tech does very little to control its colors at the manufacturer level. Other programs require only specific colors to be used and the license will be pulled if they violate it. Tech does not have a reputation doing this, but rather, accepting whatever the supply chain has that’s close enough.
Which is kind of odd given how vehemently Tech defends it's logo from unauthorized usage by anyone else. But as long as you have the license, slap Buzz on an orange or greeb shirt and nobody seems to care.