GT - PITT Prediction Thread

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is not going to be an easy game for us. Not in a long shot. However, I think we have more ways to beat them than they do to beat us. They will have some offensive success, but they are not an explosive team that spreads a defense out. They will have success running the ball. They will pound us and make us look weak at times. They will play action us and burn us with some pass plays. BUUUUTTTTT, we have more offensive success than they do and win a close one.

GT wins TO battle 2 to 1. GT wins TOP 33-27. GT wins on the scoreboard 31-27.

worthco jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Well it's Thursday afternoon and no one has created a prediction thread yet, so I'll get the ball rolling.

GT - 38
PITT - 28

Offense continues to get it done and the defense is able to force key turnovers.

Most people seem to think it will be a back and forth shootout with the last team with the ball winning. I do not see it that way. I think our defense, if they have any self respect remaining, will rise from the ashes and put forth a good game. We win a more normal type game say 28- 20

Cheesehead Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
This is not going to be an easy game for us. Not in a long shot. However, I think we have more ways to beat them than they do to beat us. They will have some offensive success, but they are not an explosive team that spreads a defense out. They will have success running the ball. They will pound us and make us look weak at times. They will play action us and burn us with some pass plays. BUUUUTTTTT, we have more offensive success than they do and win a close one.

GT wins TO battle 2 to 1. GT wins TOP 33-27. GT wins on the scoreboard 31-27.
I agree with you Boomer, except reverse the teams. It's Pitt Homecoming. They gave up 26 yards rushing to VT. We will continue to have trouble stopping the other team when the game is on the line. Pitt kicks a field goal with about 1 minute to go and wins 30-27. I HOPE I AM WRONG !

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with you Boomer, except reverse the teams. It's Pitt Homecoming. They gave up 26 yards rushing to VT. We will continue to have trouble stopping the other team when the game is on the line. Pitt kicks a field goal with about 1 minute to go and wins 30-27. I HOPE I AM WRONG !

Not arguing with your prediction but I'm not sure I would use this as a main point of defense. VT "only" rushed for 127 against our D. And that was before there top RBs started dropping like flies. As I type this, VT has amassed -13 yds rushing closing in on halftime (UM has the ball 1st down with under 1 minute left). And that's against the same UM defense that we ran for 318 against.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Pitt OL average 320+ 250 rb - will require us to break the 10 yard cushion by DB and 20yd cushion by safeties, thus leading us to have 9 in the box. This leads to an outstanding effort by defense. Gt 35 - Pitt 13

GT_Inta-neer

Georgia Tech Fan
Hate to do it but 31 - 23 Pitt. Just think that their offense just runs right over the D. Really hope to be proven wrong.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Lot of running by both teams keeps the game fast and the score low. GT gets back in the WIN column 20-17

pitt 27 Tech 20
I can't see us stopping that QB/TB combo (remember gsu?) AND the big WR.
I think losing ZL is a bigger loss than we think-- and Griffin.
It is pitt HC.
We can't stop the run, and Pittsburgh is built upon the run. We better have superb ball security, or it will be ugly. Hoping we can outscore them something like 35-24