• Over

Votes: 187 90.8%
  • Under

Votes: 19 9.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Depends on records. For us to win the acc at 8-4 we are either going to have to beat a very good team that will have a much better record as the under dogs or the acc itself has had a down year. They just left out an undefeated acc champion from a 4 team. If you don't think they'd take an extra 2 loss sec or big 10 team as well as undefeated or one loss g5 champions over that you are definitely less cynical than I am after that injustice last season just to give saban another shot

I think you’re missing my point. Five conference winners are guaranteed amongst the 12 - period. The top four teams with the bye are conference winners but a fifth conference winner also gets in amongst the 12, regardless of their ranking… potentially even an unranked team.

What you suggested (ACC winner left out) is theoretically possible such as GT goes 8-0 in conference, 0-4 OOC, wins ACC and two G5 conference winners pretty much go undefeated and are ranked higher. My point was that’s highly unlikely… similarly GT could go 12-0 in regular season, lose ACCCG and probably still make the field of 12 at large… also unlikely.

My entire point was the odds of winning the ACC and the odds of making the CFP should be similar for a team like GT.