GT-ND

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Was just looking at the ACC standings. Looking WAY ahead, but if we can go on a run, there's a slim chance we can win 20 games this year. Sweep the last 4 conference games (not as unlikely as it was 2 games ago...and next 2 are extremely winnable), and win the first game of the ACC Tourney. Just like that...somehow GT has a 20 win season. Oh, we'd also get to 0.500 in ACC play.

Actually, makes me a little mad that we pissed some winnable games away this season. I guess I should focus on the positives...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Was just looking at the ACC standings. Looking WAY ahead, but if we can go on a run, there's a slim chance we can win 20 games this year. Sweep the last 4 conference games (not as unlikely as it was 2 games ago...and next 2 are extremely winnable), and win the first game of the ACC Tourney. Just like that...somehow GT has a 20 win season. Oh, we'd also get to 0.500 in ACC play.

Actually, makes me a little mad that we pissed some winnable games away this season. I guess I should focus on the positives...

And then more than likely stuck with BG 2 more years

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I thought about that.

A part of me would like to see MGH finish his career on somewhat of a high note and a possible NIT invite. Hate that a guy like MGH might leave GT without playing in the post season.

It's a quite the quandary to be in.

My thoughts are this.

1-we are going to be historically bad next year regardless of who is coaching us. The cupboard is more bare next year than it was BGs first year.
2-You get this new class on campus for a year the likelihood of them staying after BG is gone increases IMHO.
3-There aren't a lot of great options out there currently. Put a feeler out to Miller, Haase, Drew, Enfield to gauge interest. If not we ride it out one more season. I'd rather make no move than the wrong move.

I'd also like to see MGH on a national stage. But hopefully not at the expense of a program makeover. Unfortunately it's just the excuse Bobblehead needs to sell in order to save some greenbacks.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
No conflict here, I want every win possible for this team.

I am not sure CBG is the future of the program, but the guys on the team have worked too hard ( esp MGH ) for me to consider sending any negative vibes out there.

We will have to take a full assessment of our staff at the end of the season, and the last few wins wouldn't change the totality of the season.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Boy tonight was sweet. Loved the run late in the game to battle back in and then the team rallying for the final push to get the W.