Film Room GT Miami 2014 Series 1

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Oh, I see. Well, I'm really just talking about that particular play anyway. We've played very well up front this year, at every OL position. Even the guy thought to be a weak link up front has done some really good things.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I couldn't tell, I was watching the game on my phone in a pool. Check to see what the play-side OG does and see if it looks like #70 in this play:

This is what a give on the Midline looks like:

That vid in the Clemson game was one bad-*** play.

niel9533

Georgia Tech Fan
Question for you smart guys. Why didn't we take the 'extra-down' on that 1st & goal off-side penalty? Yes, we would have given back 2 yards, but I would think at that position on the field an extra 1st down would be more valuable... Thanks -
Go Jackets!!
To Hell with Georgia!!!

Animal02

Banned
Question for you smart guys. Why didn't we take the 'extra-down' on that 1st & goal off-side penalty? Yes, we would have given back 2 yards, but I would think at that position on the field an extra 1st down would be more valuable... Thanks -
Go Jackets!!
To Hell with Georgia!!!
That one puzzled me as well.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
From a defensive mind, Miami DTs alignment is something I would never play vs. our offense or any offense a matter of fact. Having 2i and 3tech shows that Miami thought Perryman would dominate our Olineman in space 1on1 and didn't have much respect for Laskey. He's good but not that to overcome a free release from the Center all game. This the reason why I was smh at guys in the chat complaining about all the dives. With that alignment and Perryman 6 yds deep that is STEALING!!!!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
From a defensive mind, Miami DTs alignment is something I would never play vs. our offense or any offense a matter of fact. Having 2i and 3tech shows that Miami thought Perryman would dominate our Olineman in space 1on1 and didn't have much respect for Laskey. He's good but not that to overcome a free release from the Center all game. This the reason why I was smh at guys in the chat complaining about all the dives. With that alignment and Perryman 6 yds deep that is STEALING!!!!

Ibee when I saw the D tackle alignment that duh u opened up with I looked at the folks I was with and said CPJ will dive them to death! You cannot expect the MLB, no matter how good he is, to handle the dive alone. Especially being 7 yards off the LOS. CPJ saw it and did exactly what he should have done :D

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, that is a Midline with Twirl motion. I believe we would call that "Spread 10 Twirl" assuming CPJ hasn't changed the play numbers.

The play from the ACCCG is Midline with the A-Back ?Blast? and we are in some kind of Over Flex formation (both WRs on the same side and Tyler Melton is ineligible).

That formation would be Over Left. Variants are Over Left/Right Green and Over Left/Right Brown. They're in his playbook. :)

Re: the 2nd play we ran, PJ has said that the WR and PSA will change up their blocking scheme on the fly during the play based on the coverage look. If it's Cover-2, the WR will crack the safety (which De'Andre kinda whiffs on) and the PSA will Arc the corner. Neither block was particularly great.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Go Jackets!!
To Hell with Georgia!!!

"Easier" to get 2 yards in 3 plays, than 4 yards in 4. Especially at the goal line.

Was the right call to make (IMO).

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Oh, I see. Well, I'm really just talking about that particular play anyway. We've played very well up front this year, at every OL position. Even the guy thought to be a weak link up front has done some really good things.
Yeah, I've been hard on BC, but he's played well, especially lately. Too bad he got hurt, anybody know how he's doing?