GT Love on CBSSports: "OreST Should Run the Option"

LibertyTurns

Banned
Dead on target. Talented players go to schools that run pro sets. That is where the best chance for winning and reaching the pros are. The TO as johnson presents it is for schools that know they are not as talented so they stand a better chance to confuse their opponents. Bless any footballplayers that come to Tech, I support them, but the chance for championships are limited.
Yeah go to muttville where you can play for a national championship every year during the preseason!!!!!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Fake news. How long was our bowl streak when we started running the option? How many years were we ranked under O'Leary running a multiple offense?
The program was not on an Oregon State level when we went to the option. Not even close. In fact, we have had more years not being bowl eligible in the 9 years running the option than we did in the nine and more prior years.
Typical CBS. Create a point then distort the facts to fit. Not a compliment to GT of any type.
Wow. You didn't get your roughage today? Actually, it is fair to equate Oregon St. and Tech before Johnson. What the story gets wrong, wrong, wrong is the Dodd era shining "before the Korean War." The opposite is true. During and after the Korean War Tech won six straight major bowl games, finished in one of the wire services top 10 17 times, and went 30 games without losing. Of course, Dodd was also the guy who popularized Eddie LeBaron's belly series that is today, apparently there is some sensitivity to body parts -- though not to "buttkicker" for some reason -- known as the triple option.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Jeff Monken's phone has caller ID and I betcha he would answer an Oregon State call. And I betcha the Pac 12 after the usual hee-hawing and tsk-tsking would rush to the film room and start looking for defensive coaches who have coached against it. Followed by devoting three days in the spring to defending it and another three days in August. Followed by pleadings with the league to give them the open date before playing State. Followed by a concerted barrage of flack about illegal and dangerous cut blocks. You know, the usual suspects.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I'm hoping all of you doubting the effectiveness and consistent results of CPJ's flexbone offense are just sidewalk fans because I expect more reliance on raw, hard facts and a general understanding of basic statistics from GT grads. Unless you took the M-Train, I guess.