GT Legend Dan Radakovich to be next Miami AD

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Money gives you a lot more runway for making mistakes and makes it faster to recover.
In my opinion the biggest issue Miami has had is that they value flash a lot more than substance. They want big flashy plays, but have no interest in work ethic to gain consistency. I think that is apparent from the way the players play, the way the administration/boosters run the program, and the way the fans fill the stands for a national night game with ND, but don't have 20,000 people in the stands for a normal game.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
If Cristobal doesn't sign the Miami offer, he may not be welcome in Oregon anyway. Also, he's going from Nike central to an Adidas school.

I think you’re right. And also keeping Diaz on pending Cristobal’s decision is just wrong. If Cristobal says ‘no’ to Miami, Diaz should just tell them to take a flying leap.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
In my opinion the biggest issue Miami has had is that they value flash a lot more than substance. They want big flashy plays, but have no interest in work ethic to gain consistency. I think that is apparent from the way the players play, the way the administration/boosters run the program, and the way the fans fill the stands for a national night game with ND, but don't have 20,000 people in the stands for a normal game.

Allow me to pick nits with you. I don't think you're wrong in that they value flash. However, it's more nuanced than that.

They don't seem to understand that, underneath all the flash and sizzle that they played/won with in the 80's-90's, there was a tremendous commitment to work and 'substance'.

IIUC, those guys didn't have the flashy weight rooms and amenities most high-level cfb programs had at that time. That was the reason the catholics v convicts thing was a 'thing' for them. In many ways, those Hurricane teams came from not much. They worked hard and had talent on top of that. That's what built their 'brand'.

Nowadays, the commitment to 'substance' is certainly lost amidst the turnover chains and other nonsense they seem to be all about.

Ah well, if they're content to the constant change and being a j.a.g. program, let 'em. Hopefully we figure ourselves out and pass them by.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Nowadays, the commitment to 'substance' is certainly lost amidst the turnover chains and other nonsense they seem to be all about.
I agree. I think that many of their players and many of their fans don't realize that the swagger back then was because they were that good, not how they got that good. I think the fans believe that one big play is an indication that they are just like the 80s-90s teams. I think that if you feel you have to do something outlandish to prove to everyone that you are all that, it is a really good indication that you are not.

I for one hope they keep wallowing in flashy dreams that they are a superpower team instead of actually becoming one again.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Should've canned Stansbury two weeks ago when he said Collins was staying and was "his man." Our best hope for AD is now more than likely going to be Clemson's AD. Tech guy, DRad took him to Clemson.

We can't have nice things....

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Should've canned Stansbury two weeks ago when he said Collins was staying and was "his man." Our best hope for AD is now more than likely going to be Clemson's AD. Tech guy, DRad took him to Clemson.

We can't have nice things....

If he was his man why doesn't he pack him up for Miami?