GT Legend Dan Radakovich to be next Miami AD

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
This school athletic department is a cesspool. I can’t imagine Cristobal watching it from the outside looking in and thinking it looks attractive in any way considering the shenanigans going on and the fact they haven’t fired Diaz yet. I don’t know what Dan was thinking, but the rumor mill is that NUMEROUS AD candidates saw what was going on and politely withdrew their names from the list. I would expect any coach worth a hire would also do the same.

The only thing attractive about this job is sun tanned women.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Well now I don't know. He is telling Clemson bloggers that it is "premature," not exactly a ringing rejection.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Maybe he is just using a back door leverage of “leaking a possible move” to get a significant pay raise at Clemson?
He's got assistant coaches making as much or more than him.
I wonder how Diaz feels about all this. Replace him if coach XYZ takes the job but if not he keeps it. Weird.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Miami is so dysfunctional. 🤦‍♂️ Why would DRad leave Clemson, where they should be building statues and naming things for him for the drama show that is Da U?

DRad has to be angling Clemson for a raise (which he definitely deserves). Could also be a shot across the bow to boosters who are upset at their 'down year'. (Oh, to be so spoiled that 9-3 gets your fanbase riled up.) Remind them that Dabo and DRad have options. They made Clemson a tier 1 power. It never was before.

Only other thing I can think is DRad knows something about Clemson that's not public. Dabo is leaving for another job. There's an NCAA investigation about to drop. The Clemson athletic department is about to be bankrupt... and he's jumping ship.

Boren5034

Georgia Tech Fan
I live just outside Clemson (as a Tech fan it sucks but it beats the Atlanta traffic). The upstate area is beautiful with the mountains and lakes Jocassee and Keowee. To those hating on podunk Clemson, just shut up because it's really a nice place to live. Having said that, there are a lot of worse things than a retirement in the upper keys. Miami is an absolute $hit show and I can't imagine him leaving Clemson unless it is solely a pre-retirement transition and money grab. I'm just happy he left Tech. He's hoping we beat UNC today!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
They’re looking to hire a head coach without an AD and WHILE they have a head coach.

But, I don’t think they’re hiring a search firm, so there’s that….
If they can't get their desired man they plan on spending money on staff to support current coach.
So they think if they have great assitant coaches , they will not need to fire the coach?

Highly paid assstant coaches. How silly- they need new AD offices.
Thats sounds more like a gt plan. Yea, buildings build winning football, not highly paid staff.

I

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Miami is so dysfunctional. 🤦‍♂️ Why would DRad leave Clemson, where they should be building statues and naming things for him for the drama show that is Da U?

DRad has to be angling Clemson for a raise (which he definitely deserves). Could also be a shot across the bow to boosters who are upset at their 'down year'. (Oh, to be so spoiled that 9-3 gets your fanbase riled up.) Remind them that Dabo and DRad have options. They made Clemson a tier 1 power. It never was before.

Only other thing I can think is DRad knows something about Clemson that's not public. Dabo is leaving for another job. There's an NCAA investigation about to drop. The Clemson athletic department is about to be bankrupt... and he's jumping ship.
Well arent you just a morning joy. DRad has been a terrific AD. Hired both male, female soccer coaches and both are nationally recognized programs. Started women's softball program. Hired baseball coach, nationally recognized, hired basketball coach, who has team competitive in ACC, built women's softball stadium, instrumental in getting the football building for Dabo. For that Miami says he might be worth $3 million a year. (If he goes he will make a pass at Swinney, but good luck with that.)

The possibility you left out is abduction by space aliens.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First, Ivy is correct about the basketball hires.

Also, a note on Clemson. It looks like Venables might be headed to Oklahoma.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Venaables better win.

Look at schools who are firing coaches after 3 or 4 years now. This is true everywhere these days. If you are going to be under the gun for immediate results, might as well be at a place where it is easier to win and you have a pretty stocked cupboard.

slugboy

Staff member
Back to Miami, a surprise $400 mil in hospital profits is part of the funding for the Diaz buyout and Cristobal “hire” that should happen today

Here’s a Yahoo story that doesn’t cover the $$$ trail, but gives some info on the Cristobal and DRad pursuit

Last edited:

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah. They're looking to (allegedly) give Cristobal $8M, pay his $9M buyout to Oregon, and Diaz's $7M buyout. Without an AD.

In case you were thinking GT is going to be good or even competitive any time soon, just look at the money flying around this offseason.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. They're looking to (allegedly) give Cristobal $8M, pay his $9M buyout to Oregon, and Diaz's $7M buyout. Without an AD.

In case you were thinking GT is going to be good or even competitive any time soon, just look at the money flying around this offseason.
Having money is great, but if you don't know how to spend it you look dumb, ( Has it helped them since they have been in the ACC)