GT / Kentucky Highlights

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure what you mean.
Sorry. Generally it refers to a receiver in traffic and about to get hit who keeps those elbows tucked in tight to his ribs and doesn't quite get his hands on the ball. Receivers who do that draw down the relentless wrath of the position coach. Now obviously if the ball was behind him it was just a throwaway line. Unless of course he has arms five yards long.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Sorry. Generally it refers to a receiver in traffic and about to get hit who keeps those elbows tucked in tight to his ribs and doesn't quite get his hands on the ball. Receivers who do that draw down the relentless wrath of the position coach. Now obviously if the ball was behind him it was just a throwaway line. Unless of course he has arms five yards long.
Ahhh I gotcha, but no it was a short out route, just missed the target.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ahhh I gotcha, but no it was a short out route, just missed the target.
If you're talking about the one that bounced right off BS's hands, he should have caught it. That was on BS, not JT. If you're talking about another play, then...never mind.

However, all receivers drop passes, it's part of the game. It was weird in the KY game because there were 3-4 drops on easy plays that should not have been drops. Of the drops, the one thrown to BS was probably the hardest to catch, but he still should have caught it. At this level, if the receiver get 2 hands on the ball at the same time, it should be automatic.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Sorry did not see you beat me to it. Does the receiver have arms 5 yards long? I will hang up and listen to your answer:)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If you're talking about the one that bounced right off BS's hands, he should have caught it. That was on BS, not JT. If you're talking about another play, then...never mind.

However, all receivers drop passes, it's part of the game. It was weird in the KY game because there were 3-4 drops on easy plays that should not have been drops. Of the drops, the one thrown to BS was probably the hardest to catch, but he still should have caught it. At this level, if the receiver get 2 hands on the ball at the same time, it should be automatic.
Agree of course. But it seems to be a very large part of our game at inopportune times. But maybe I cannot get past my Stephen Hill flashbacks.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
He's saying that the receiver did not put his arms out normally to catch the ball and that is the reason he dropped it. Usually it's meant that the receiver was scared of getting hit. Alligator arms is a different way to say it.
I had forgotten the alligator arms reference.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer

It COULD have been caught, would've been a great catch with a stellar adjustment.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It really is funny how delusional some fans are, Kentucky, Mercer and GSU are teams we are clearly better than year in and year out but because they know nothing about GT football, they think of GT as the media portrays us and think they are better than us or think they have a legit shot at beating us. Ucf is already starting to think the same thing as well.

GSU probably should have beat us in '14. We were very fortunate to escape with a W. So they had more than a legit shot to beat us. Which is more likely the reason for any confidence they may have had in '16.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
GSU probably should have beat us in '14. We were very fortunate to escape with a W. So they had more than a legit shot to beat us. Which is more likely the reason for any confidence they may have had in '16.
If you look at it that way, then we should've killed them. They were fortunate to come back in the 2nd half.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I disagree, we should have beat them easily that year with the lead we had. We came out flat in the second half, almost like we knew we were going to win attitude imo. I agree we were fortunate to win because of what happened, but imo it should have never gotten to that point. I do see how GSU fans would think they had a chance because of that though, plus we were coming off a 3 win season.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
A big lead at the half can be overcome more easily than getting a win from behind, with less than 2 min to go in the game, and the other team with the ball and moving it at will.

That's my opinion anyway and why I think we were very fortunate to get the W vs GSU IN 14.