GT / Kentucky Highlights

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
A really good film that catches the right highlights: how our D shut down their running attack.

We tend to focus on what a great game the O had - and it was great - but the key to the game, imho, was that we pretty much completely stopped them on the ground. I'm pretty sure they weren't anticipating that and that finding that the run was stymied left them uncertain and confused on O. It also meant that their D was on the field so much that by the 4th they had visibly run out of gas. Mills had 82 yards rushing in the 4th for a reason.

Let's hope that the D can deliver like that early and often next year. If they do, I think we'll see plenty of Taxslayers in our future.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The D will be the key early in the season. Especially the UT game. No matter who's under center it takes a few games to get rolling. If the D picks up and keeps improving from the end of last season I think we can get past UT and should be undefeated heading into the Thursday night game at Da U

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The D will be the key early in the season. Especially the UT game. No matter who's under center it takes a few games to get rolling. If the D picks up and keeps improving from the end of last season I think we can get past UT and should be undefeated heading into the Thursday night game at Da U
Agree

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Great job,Wreck,thanks! The 2016-2017 Taxslayer Bowl will be one of my most pleasant GT football memories! The 2016 team is one of my favorites just like the 2008 team in Paul Johnson's first season on the Flats. I'll also remember the announcers on the Wildcat Sports Network sounding shell shocked all game:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
O had a lot of dropped passes. Not their best game but good nuff with the D's play. Team win.
I was starting to feel like an outcast because I still don't think our offense played particularly well through four quarters. If it had then those Kentucky network people probably would have stroked out in the booth watching the scoreboard explode.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I was starting to feel like an outcast because I still don't think our offense played particularly well through four quarters. If it had then those Kentucky network people probably would have stroked out in the booth watching the scoreboard explode.
I think the Kentucky play by play guys **** Gabriel and Jeff Piecoro thought there was no way that the GT defense would stop the Kentucky offense which was exactly the way those delusional posters on the Catspause message board thought. I believe they were shocked that GT ran as easily on them as they did also.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think the Kentucky play by play guys **** Gabriel and Jeff Piecoro thought there was no way that the GT defense would stop the Kentucky offense which was exactly the way those delusional posters on the Catspause message board thought. I believe they were shocked that GT ran as easily on them as they did also.
It really is funny how delusional some fans are, Kentucky, Mercer and GSU are teams we are clearly better than year in and year out but because they know nothing about GT football, they think of GT as the media portrays us and think they are better than us or think they have a legit shot at beating us. Ucf is already starting to think the same thing as well.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
It really is funny how delusional some fans are, Kentucky, Mercer and GSU are teams we are clearly better than year in and year out but because they know nothing about GT football, they think of GT as the media portrays us and think they are better than us or think they have a legit shot at beating us. Ucf is already starting to think the same thing as well.
UCF will learn their lesson the hard way;):cool:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The O was definitely less than spectacular, what helped was there was no turn overs or plays that majorly changed the momentum for the favor of Kentucky. After the fumble 6 it was like we had the momentum for the whole game even if we didn't move the ball well.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
The O was definitely less than spectacular, what helped was there was no turn overs or plays that majorly changed the momentum for the favor of Kentucky. After the fumble 6 it was like we had the momentum for the whole game even if we didn't move the ball well.
GT dominated the Mildcats physically from beginning to end. I think UK was one of the softest teams GT played in the 2016 season.