GT is More Visible in Public

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Back in Feb of 2018, I was in Seoul to attend the Pyeongchang Olympics. Was having breakfast at the hotel with a buddy (fellow GT alum) and I was wearing a Buzz hat. Heard a guy say "Go Jackets!" Whoa. We ended up chatting a little and turns out he was an Aerospace alum and so was my buddy. Small world I tell ya. Hey Seoul GT dude, you're not on this board are ya?;)

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it boils down to this. We have had national TV exposure three times this year and won all three plus they were in Primetime on Saturday night. And we won all three in pretty exciting fashion. That kind of exposure is priceless and will have casual fans of college football take notice. Also, we have a coach that wears his emotions on his sleeves and is an alumnus which is pretty rare and refreshing in this age of coaches who constantly drone on with cliche after cliche when they get interviewed. Our guy sounds like someone sitting on the other end of the couch down in the man cave on a Saturday night. I think that is an attractive quality for a lot of fans of college football.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I think it boils down to this. We have had national TV exposure three times this year and won all three plus they were in Primetime on Saturday night. And we won all three in pretty exciting fashion. That kind of exposure is priceless and will have casual fans of college football take notice. Also, we have a coach that wears his emotions on his sleeves and is an alumnus which is pretty rare and refreshing in this age of coaches who constantly drone on with cliche after cliche when they get interviewed. Our guy sounds like someone sitting on the other end of the couch down in the man cave on a Saturday night. I think that is an attractive quality for a lot of fans of college football.
^^^
With Brent Key, he is what he seems to be, a die hard Tech fan as well as its coach. Very refreshing to most any true college football fan I would think.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wore GT gear to the Grayson v Buford game last night. Got a lot of "Go Jackets" as I strut through the crowd. And I do mean "strut".

Dawg fans lookin at me like ..

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Jackets fans like ...

cosmo kramer 90s GIF

Side note on the #1 recruit in the nation and dawg commit last night. Kid had a bad night. Looked completely checked out.

As the offense met to watch film, discuss why they were suckin, the star(sic) literally stood alone clear at the other end of the field. Because, of course, he's not the problem. All you other turds figure yourselves out.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Side note on the #1 recruit in the nation and dawg commit last night. Kid had a bad night. Looked completely checked out.

As the offense met to watch film, discuss why they were suckin, the star(sic) literally stood alone clear at the other end of the field. Because, of course, he's not the problem. All you other turds figure yourselves out.

Aaron Philo > Dylan Raiola

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Out of the blue my wife walks in from shopping yesterday and said, “You know, I saw a whole lot of people wearing GA Tech stuff out there today. More than folks wearing UGA stuff. It was so good to see.”
I can understand why a lot of folks are starting to pull for us now:
Brent Key, first non-losing season in 5 years, our culture, character if our players,and people disgusted with the culture exposed in Athens after the lethal racing accident.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I really enjoy reading these stories. This is my most random encounter… It’s 2012 and I’m deep in the Annapurna trekking route in Nepal at about 17,000 ft elevation near Thorong La. A German guy sees my THWG sticker on my parka and in a thick accent asks me what’s the good word! He studied here for his masters in EE and went back home. Small world!

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
Whenever someone says something to me like that, I just say I’m an engineering fan and it shuts them up.
I was washing my hands last weekend at a local restaurant when a dwag came up to the sink next to me to wash his hands. He saw my Tech polo and said “I can’t imagine being a Tech fan.” I replied “I bet you can’t imagine being a Tech grad either.” He left not saying another word. I guess I should give him partial credit for washing his hands.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I was washing my hands last weekend at a local restaurant when a dwag came up to the sink next to me to wash his hands. He saw my Tech polo and said “I can’t imagine being a Tech fan.” I replied “I bet you can’t imagine being a Tech grad either.” He left not saying another word. I guess I should give him partial credit for washing his hands.
I laughed at that even as a sidewalk Jackets fan and Ugag alum. Great comeback.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s not related to football, but a fun story.
About 15 years ago, I was traveling in a remote of China on business. I was to meet the Managing Director of a very large factory, the largest of its kind in the world.

Waiting, Mr Lee enters with an interpreter. We exchange pleasantries.

The interpreter, a woman, says to me, “Mr Lee asks, where are you from?” Atlanta, I said.

She relays the message. Mr Lee nods.

“Mr Lee asks, where did you go to university?” Georgia Institute of Technology, I said.

Mr Lee turns to me, and in perfect English says, “Me too. Textiles ‘78.”

You never know who you might meet.
Made me think of being at the British Open in 1992, Duval had a Buzz cover on his driver and when he passed me I yelled out “Go Jackets!” It stopped him in his tracks, and he gave me a smile and a thumbs up.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We all needxto wear our Gt gear and promote gt football.

Before gt uga game our prez and ad have a free block party with "Ludicrous" performing on blocked off NorthvAvenue!!
Engineers begining to welcome folks to the football game.
MARKETING!

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Was on St. Helena Island, SC this past week visiting my folks. The wife and I stopped in the local coffeehouse/cider place in the AM on Friday. After we ordered, I turned around and saw a guy wearing a GT sweatshirt and a Colorado hat (not CU, but the state logo) a which is something I wear a lot, but of course wasn’t that day.

Walked up to him and said “You’re wearing my outfit.” We talked for a bit - he had lived in CO, and his mom (who he was talking to) had moved to the island a few years ago from Colorado. Then he introduced me to his daughter and son in-law, who live in Denver and are both Tech grads.

I didn’t have a longer conversation with him, since I didn’t want to interrupt his time with family - but was really fun to see that combination of clothes on someone else nearly 2000 miles from where I currently live.