GT is More Visible in Public

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
On tv today during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade
IMG_6228.jpeg

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I’m in Chicago right now for the holiday visiting my daughter and her husband. My SIL is an Evanston native. He said 3 or 4 kids from his high school every year come to GT.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
Early in my career, as a female in engineering, saying that my degrees were from GT always gave me a boost of confidence. During introductions in business meetings, I could see the change in expression in their faces when I mentioned GT. Now I'm a consultant in an industrial engineering field, and it's still instant credibility. I went into one meeting where one guy was really proud that he was a Clemson IE. He introduced his colleague as an NC State IE. Then when I said I was from Georgia Tech, he deflated a bit.

Also went to a meeting with my GT backpack a few years ago, and found out that the customer played on the O line with Brent Key!

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I was at the Phoenix airport last year and a 40 something year old TSA worker stopped me and asked me if I went to Tech (I had a GT hat on).

The guy had never even been to Atlanta, but was a GT fan his whole life because he fell in love with Kenny Anderson as a kid. Slightly different than what we’re talking about here, but he was SO passionate and excited to see GT in the wild that it’s always stuck with me.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I was in Midway coming back from the ND game in 2021 wearing a Tech shirt and hat. A lady standing in line next to me asked me why I wasn't embarrassed to wear Tech stuff after the way we played.
lol
If it had been a guy I would have told him to f**k off. I just said we will be back, don't worry.
Whenever someone says something to me like that, I just say I’m an engineering fan and it shuts them up.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I was at the Phoenix airport last year and a 40 something year old TSA worker stopped me and asked me if I went to Tech (I had a GT hat on).

The guy had never even been to Atlanta, but was a GT fan his whole life because he fell in love with Kenny Anderson as a kid. Slightly different than what we’re talking about here, but he was SO passionate and excited to see GT in the wild that it’s always stuck with me.
I was at the Cincinnati game last night and had a guy walk over to me 40 minutes before tip to tell me he loved Kenny Anderson as a kid. He thought we had a strong basketball program because of that era, which was flattering although not exactly true.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I was at the Cincinnati game last night and had a guy walk over to me 40 minutes before tip to tell me he loved Kenny Anderson as a kid. He thought we had a strong basketball program because of that era, which was flattering although not exactly true.
I saw you made that trip. Thanks for supporting us! Hope you enjoyed the trip overall. I imagine that had to be one of the worst in-person GT performances you’ve ever seen in any sport though :(

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I don't think Chicago has a lack of fat, white guys. Maybe it will be the GT clothes that make you recognizable. (Hopefully that isn't too anti-PC)
"I don't think Chicago ( or Wisconsin ) has a lack of fat, white guys". Yeah, those weigh stations on the Interstates up here are not just for the trucks. Gotta make a MINIMUM weight to live here.........
Hungry Food GIF

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Ran the same race, but you’d think I walked it with my time.
At least I wasn’t another ugly mouth breather wearing red.

Hah, I freaking threw my back out brushing my teeth a few weeks ago… finished 204/806. I just turned 40 and destroyed some Girl Scouts in my daughters fundraiser race last month in my first race since middle school PE…

I’m dying out there and there people that look like they float after escaping prison camps… I wish there was a hand to hand combat component to these races to help the 200 lbs dudes.