GT Injury report

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
GEORGIA TECH INJURY REPORT (NORTH CAROLINA)

PROBABLE

Brady Swilling (hand)

QUESTIONABLE

Bryan Chamberlain (leg)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The team is undefeated in games the Chamberlain has started and winless in games he has not. Coincidence? You make the call.
no

We're 5-0 when I'm not stuck on a broke down Marta Train, 0-1 when I am. Coincidence?
yes
We're 5-0 in games I watch, 0-1 in games I don't. Coincidence?
yes
We're 5-0 in games where I have felt good afterwards, 0-1 in games where I haven't. Coincidence?
no
We're 5-0 in games we scored more points than the opponent, and 0-1 where we didn't. Coincidence?
no

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Glad to see I'm not the only one to blame for last weekend. I bought a new GT shirt at the Wofford game. I wore it to that game and have worn it every Saturday since while I watched the game from home. Last weekend I wasn't home and didn't tweak the shirt. So...

We're 5-0 in games that I've been watching while wearing my new GT shirt and 0-1 when I haven't. Coincidence?

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
We're 5-0 when I drink beer, 0-1 when I don't drink. Coincidence?
I am just the opposite!

I just realized that i haven't been drinking due to a weight loss program(bet) and this past saturday went to the game and DRANK! I apologize to everyone and the team for letting them down. We all have our weak moments.

I am ashamed.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Guys....it's on me...have tailgateD every home game besides duke...I took marta...I knew I jinxed it

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok guys. I'm going to take charge here. Clearly GTSwarm as a group owes our coaches and team an apology. We expect their best each and every week. But this is the best we can do as their fans? Anyone else that has a confession of how you let them team down last weekend post it in this thread. I will compile them all into one big apology letter to the team. Also, I will assure them that we all committ to bringing our A game this weekend against UNC. You have two days to get laudry done, stock up on the alcoholic beverage of your choice, get rid of any alcohol in the vicinity, cancel any plans you may have, etc. Let's get ready for Saturday night starting right now.

We act like what we do or don't do has no impact on the game. It's time to wake up and get serious about this thing.

Who's bringing the hammer?

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
Guys... I'm taking full responsibility. Leading up to this season my wife had been to a grand total of 5 games at Bobby Dodd. VT and UGA in 2011, UM in 2012, VT and UGA in 2013. We went an amazing 0-5 with her in attendance. Then 2014 happened. She missed the first three home games of the year, but was making plans to come to the Duke game. I was hesitant, but it was Duke. We always beat Duke right? I apologize. She is now banned from all future games.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Guys... I'm taking full responsibility. Leading up to this season my wife had been to a grand total of 5 games at Bobby Dodd. VT and UGA in 2011, UM in 2012, VT and UGA in 2013. We went an amazing 0-5 with her in attendance. Then 2014 happened. She missed the first three home games of the year, but was making plans to come to the Duke game. I was hesitant, but it was Duke. We always beat Duke right? I apologize. She is now banned from all future games.
Finally, a response that makes sense. Kill him.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I attended all home games, wore the same shirt each time (underneath a white one for the whiteout) watched or listened to the road games and then had a talk to give and conference to attend from last Thursday to Sunday in another state and so neither attended, watched, or listened. Plus I thought of putting the Tech shirt on under my dress shirt and tie Saturday and then decided "naw" because deep down I am not superstitious anyway. My brother listed 3-4 things that had been a part of his routine in every other home game which he failed to do the same against Duke, so we both participated in the psychical aspects of the team's loss.

It's the plight of being a fan.

For me the hardest part of this home loss is that there are only 2 conference home games left now and these next two games are exceedingly difficult road ones against UNC and then Pitt (who looked good running up the middle against VT tonight). I suspect that if we lose both there is no chance of winning the Coastal and if we split them then there is a chance as long as we win the remaining 3 conference games. But the best bet is truly to find a way to win both of these but hat won't be easy at all. It would again be a great accomplishment for this season if the team can pull that off. Here's hoping!