GT Injury Report for Wake Game

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see Howard get some carries tomorrow and spell Benson. I like Quaide, but both of them need to be developed as Benson has exerted a lot of energy through 5 games. I think BJS/Tre will be fine at MLB for this game. We've got to keep in mind that linebacker is fairly new to BJS. He's getting by with athleticism... once he knows where to go he is going to be a force.

I know we are filling up the 2018 class, but we need at least 2 more OL IMO.
Don't forget that we brought in 5 olinemen last year, so if we have to find some more depth, we can burn some redshirts. I do agree that we need 2 more OL in 18 though.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't forget that we brought in 5 olinemen last year, so if we have to find some more depth, we can burn some redshirts. I do agree that we need 2 more OL in 18 though.

Since they burned the redshirt for Connor Hansen, I hope he can get a few plays every game so that he can develop to be a full contributor next season.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Been on ST for a couple of years. And lets be honest. While he is not the athlete BJS is, he wasn't competely lost out there.
Rewatched to focus on BJS last night. He was not completely lost, and made some drive stalling plays -- e.g. he flushed Rosier on a 3rd down A-gap blitz by running right through Homer's block. He clearly missed his assignment on the first zone read, and made some other obvious gaffes, but he did some good things too.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Rewatched to focus on BJS last night. He was not completely lost, and made some drive stalling plays -- e.g. he flushed Rosier on a 3rd down A-gap blitz by running right through Homer's block. He clearly missed his assignment on the first zone read, and made some other obvious gaffes, but he did some good things too.
I like his closing speed after he makes his decesion. He is going to be good in a hurry.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I like his closing speed after he makes his decesion. He is going to be good in a hurry.
With Brant Mitchell out for this game he's going to have to be good in a hurry don't know how bad the injury is but we needed him out there but I'll take a good 2017 recruiter that is good put him out there,hope Mitchell will be good to go at the clemson game

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see Howard get some carries tomorrow and spell Benson. I like Quaide, but both of them need to be developed as Benson has exerted a lot of energy through 5 games. I think BJS/Tre will be fine at MLB for this game. We've got to keep in mind that linebacker is fairly new to BJS. He's getting by with athleticism... once he knows where to go he is going to be a force.

I know we are filling up the 2018 class, but we need at least 2 more OL IMO.
If BJS is getting first string reps in practice, I'm betting we'll see a much improved player against Wake than coming in off the bench.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Yep. He's a freshman and with most freshmen you get the good...and the bad just so long as it doesn't become...the ugly.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
With Brant Mitchell out for this game he's going to have to be good in a hurry don't know how bad the injury is but we needed him out there but I'll take a good 2017 recruiter that is good put him out there,hope Mitchell will be good to go at the clemson game

This is the chance for Tre and BJS to show what they can do. Next man up. With Brant out, everyone needs to up their game just a little and we will be fine.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
To be honest, LB corps was not the strength of the D from the beginning. If we had to lose a guy from a unit for a game, that might be the best one to lose one.

JACKetsfan

Georgia Tech Fan
What is happening to get so many of our OL hurt without even playing a game. Is practice that brutal on our own guys? Really tough not to have Marshall this year. Tells that we need to recruit more linemen and get to 85 every year. If cooper goes down not sure what happens to the dive play.

They’ve got it covered! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk