GT Injury Report for Wake Game

BigJacket

Banned
Mitchell out, BJS going to be learning on the fly- hope he won’t be out of position as much vs Canes.

Benson probable

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
What is happening to get so many of our OL hurt without even playing a game. Is practice that brutal on our own guys? Really tough not to have Marshall this year. Tells that we need to recruit more linemen and get to 85 every year. If cooper goes down not sure what happens to the dive play.

BigJacket

Banned
What is happening to get so many of our OL hurt without even playing a game. Is practice that brutal on our own guys? Really tough not to have Marshall this year. Tells that we need to recruit more linemen and get to 85 every year. If cooper goes down not sure what happens to the dive play.

We've had some really really bad and bizarre luck with OL the last couple of years. We had one leave to pursue a cartoon career, one left for NASCASR job and decided not to return with eligibility left, Griffin had a career ending injury as a Soph, I've heard AM will not return next year either, the Morgan twins have been MIA since they set foot on campus for the most part.

Could you imagine our OL this year if we had a healthy AM, Gary Brown, Chris Griffin, and Eason Froyaman and especially if we had M Marshall and D Mills? I think we would be having serious conversations about making the CFP this year, but IT IS WHAT IT IS and we're 3-2.

Last edited:

BigJacket

Banned
Jake Whitley also had to quit early. Klock left on us too. Just really snakebit.

Good call, we have had so many I couldn't remember them all. Wow, we would have actually had a true two deep with about 10-11 guys that could be starters, almost makes me depressed to think about where we could be, haha

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'd like to see Howard get some carries tomorrow and spell Benson. I like Quaide, but both of them need to be developed as Benson has exerted a lot of energy through 5 games. I think BJS/Tre will be fine at MLB for this game. We've got to keep in mind that linebacker is fairly new to BJS. He's getting by with athleticism... once he knows where to go he is going to be a force.

I know we are filling up the 2018 class, but we need at least 2 more OL IMO.