GT Hoops General Topics

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Nate Silver of the 538 website published a short article this week where he showed that every NCAA D1 team can claim a transitive national championship. Our transitive path is through Syracuse, Northwestern, Notre Dame, or Miami, through a thread that leads eventually to St Johns, Providence, or Butler. It's interesting in a nerdy sort of way.

Here is the graphic:
https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/jarvis.png

The short article is here (read down the article a bit to the part about the NCAA):
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...ct-poker-hand-can-you-shut-this-infernal-box/

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just a general heads up that someone on GoJackets told PossePartner he should come here for hoops recruiting news, so get your ignore buttons ready for the possibility of that clown appearing here.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Just a general heads up that someone on GoJackets told PossePartner he should come here for hoops recruiting news, so get your ignore buttons ready for the possibility of that clown appearing here.

It's ok. We're used to dealing with clowns that post on the Hive.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Blame yourselves.

It was you folks' responsibility to keep the Hive crazies out of here. I single-handedly kept the dregs of StingTalk society out of this place.
Should I be proud or embarrassed that the moderator on StingTalk wouldn’t grant me posting provokes, several years back? Does not getting accepted there make me worse or better than their dregs?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Should I be proud or embarrassed that the moderator on StingTalk wouldn’t grant me posting provokes, several years back? Does not getting accepted there make me worse or better than their dregs?

A little from column A and a little from column B.

You probably didn't have enough typos or, more importantly, racist comments in your application.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
A little from column A and a little from column B.

You probably didn't have enough typos or, more importantly, racist comments in your application.
I’m just glad I found this place. Being on GTSwarm and thinking back on StingTalk is like eating at a 5-star restaurant and asking yourself, “why was it, again, that I was so eager to go dumpster-diving?”