GT Hoops General Topics

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I automatically click off anything that's in slide format. It's an adverse reaction to my young corporate days as an analyst going through pitch decks and power point slides. :sick:

Now slides and pool decks I'm good with, as long as it's funny

slide GIF

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Will it be too early in CDS's tenure to have bulletin board fodder?
I doubt any bulletin board material comes from Busting Brackets or any other Fansided articles unless they were produced by Brian Rauf. I say that as someone who has contributed to some of their sites.

Tristan is a diehard Pitt fan whose opinion I regularly disagree with.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Devoe selected by POR expansion GL squad ...

Hope they trade Lillard, which signifies they're tanking. Devoe could see time with the pro squad more easily in that case.

This comment is why I despise superteams. I miss sports drama other than who slept with whose mom or who carried a Glock through TSA. 40 years ago Dame is a f***ing legend. Now he’s just an add to lebrons next super team. It’s why the NBA sucks.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
This comment is why I despise superteams. I miss sports drama other than who slept with whose mom or who carried a Glock through TSA. 40 years ago Dame is a f***ing legend. Now he’s just an add to lebrons next super team. It’s why the NBA sucks.
You don’t watch much NBA do you. Denver over Miami in the finals. Superteams, joke. You are in an era gone bye.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

@Root4GT is all over it.

All due respect, yours is a stale comment peac. Name the last superteam that actually won. Not DEN. Not GS (yep, research it). Not MIL. Most superteams are kinda disasters these days.

Lillard has been there for 11 years. Shiiii, Bird only played 13 years iirc. No shame in Lillard moving on. The economics of the league dictate the way player movement works. That's on the league, not the players.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I think you could make a case for Lebron/Davis and Durant->GS as "superteams" but then again, process-wise, Lebron was already in LA before they got Davis (and does that mean you'd call Doncic/Irving a superteam cause: lol) and GS was already very very very good, and that's still, what, just 3 out of the last 10 titles despite a fair number of other attempt by teams?

I find there's still enough other drama in things like Denver's coach being salty about the way the media covered the Lakers/Nuggets, or Patrick Beverley constantly dogging Chris Paul in the playoffs last year, or Jason Kidd costing Mark Cuban hundreds of thousands of dollars by admitting to front-office-planned tanking their last game...

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am not sure what is meant by super team. Was GS not a super team with Curry, KD, Green, and Thompson? They won in 2015, 2017, 2018, and 2022. I know, KD was only there for two of those championships.