GT Hoops General Topics

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If we play the game at Duke this week then we should have an idea of how top teams will defend us. Historically Duke will try to create fouls so I would think they will go at our bigs.
I will be at the game if it is played.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If we play the game at Duke this week then we should have an idea of how top teams will defend us. Historically Duke will try to create fouls so I would think they will go at our bigs.
I will be at the game if it is played.
Heck, I just hope we have more than Meka as a big for them to go after.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm interested in seeing how we defend Banchero. If we're in man I assume Jordan will have the assignment but that kid being able to step out and shoot the 3 may be an issue when in zone.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This is a very good Duke team this year. It will say a lot if we beat them but I am not optimistic. We don't match up well with them especially in the paint. I will enjoy the game just to watch the students and their nonsense.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
He played pretty poorly last game against Louisville while Sturdivant played very well. I think that is all, plus Cameron Indoor is a place where you need experience and calm. I think that is why we got Sturdy tonight. Smith will probably get other opportunities.
Need to get him some minutes for his development.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Anyone know what was said between Devoe and coach K late in the game that created some sort of minor altercation.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This just in, the kg account was able to obtain the transcript from the Devoe v K kerfuffle ....

MaDevoe:
ys.gif

K:
nunt-uh.gif

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Is Deivon Smith in the coach’s dog house?

Played heavy minutes earlier in the season. You gotta wonder if he is in fact in the dog house...but when he is playing, he's been a bit of a liability. I think the thought early in the season was to get him minutes so he could "find his way" by the time the ACC schedule came around. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened...yet. As a PG, he has the worst shooting percentage and the highest turnover rate. In his defense, our entire team's Assist to Turnover rate is horrendous.

It's a shame Alvarado isn't still around so Deivon can learn under him.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Played heavy minutes earlier in the season. You gotta wonder if he is in fact in the dog house...but when he is playing, he's been a bit of a liability. I think the thought early in the season was to get him minutes so he could "find his way" by the time the ACC schedule came around. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened...yet. As a PG, he has the worst shooting percentage and the highest turnover rate. In his defense, our entire team's Assist to Turnover rate is horrendous.

It's a shame Alvarado isn't still around so Deivon can learn under him.
I think you answered your own question. Guys play themselves in and out of the "dog house."

gtgaas

Georgia Tech Fan
I seem to recall a poster that was, or had been, associated with the band. If so, and you are he or she, I wonder if you could ask why the pep band no longer plays Alexander's Ragtime Band prior to the game? I always thought that was a great tradition and I am sorry to see it go. Thanks.