GT hires Chip Long as new OC/QBs Coach

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Key is our one OL coach and he’s also our run game coordinator. Even though we’re talking about Long, GT might need Key to focus entirely on getting the line playing well, or we might need extra help there.
I for one would welcome that. Besides, what does a “run game coordinator” do?

Vanillalite

Georgia Tech Fan
In all honesty it does seem like it has the potential to be an improvement or even a substantial improvement if he can also provide solid coaching for the QBs while improving the offense in general
He’s a proven commodity that’s def an upgrade over what we had in Pat. The jury is out how much of an upgrade though and what we can do to fix the OL and improve our QB play.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well, if the head man still runs practices and everything else the same then these changes are all for nothing. It’s all about ego. I’m rooting for him just like I root for anybody looking to change something in their life. We’ll see come Mercedes Benz time.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
You serious Clark?

Talkin GIF

fify

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Long played WR and TE and has basically only coached TE’s and been an OC his entire career. Not sure how I feel about him being the dedicated QB coach considering he didn’t play QB and has never coached them. Would’ve much rather moved Wisenhan and put Long with TEs and brought in a new QB coach. I guess we’ll see what happens.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, underwhelming in my opinion. I don't think this guy will be "HC in waiting". I am rooting for him to have success, but I am highly doubtful.

I still cannot believe we are not getting a new DC, and I don't mean GC, if that is what is happening.

I think we all know how this ends without a miracle.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, if the head man still runs practices and everything else the same then these changes are all for nothing. It’s all about ego. I’m rooting for him just like I root for anybody looking to change something in their life. We’ll see come Mercedes Benz time.
If the rumors are true that Collins will be the DC then it makes sense to hire a proven coach on offense so you can dedicate your time to the defense. I think he will give Long the autonomy to run the offense as he sees fit for the most part.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Someone would crap on anyone we hired. A young up-and-comer? No experience - Why aren't we hiring someone with experience? A guy with a successful history? Clearly a retread.

Sometimes there's no way to win with fans.
It seems like you think I wouldn't be happy with any hire. Is that correct?