GT - GSU Post Game Thread

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Come on guys. Isn't it possible that GS is better than you thought they were. The Eagles have a lot of speed, and they do not quit.

I'll give you guys credit. You were better than I thought you'd be. But you guys being better than I thought doesn't account for a 28-0 run if you ask me.

Does anyone know what Davis did to deserve the personal foul? That one play seemed to give the eagles life.

I was wondering the same thing. That turned out to be a huge penalty.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Can anyone explain why we not getting any explosive plays from the bbacks?

Yeah defense is in need of talent and experience.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Last year we were 2 and 2 when opponents scored 17 to 25. We were 5 and 0 when opponents scored less than 17. We were 0 and 4 when opponents scored more than 25.

Being able to win a game in which the opponents scored 38 is quite an accomplishment, regardless of how ugly it was that they were able to get those points.

thwgjacket

VT is going to line up and hand it to that big RB they have. He's big and powerful but looked slooowww. I was flipping back and forth and noticed that GSU looked faster than VT on tv. It is nice to be done playing against option teams. Now I know how other teams feel.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
The Davis penalty completely changed that game. Doesn't excuse the absolute poor defense but that game would've never come down to what it did without that penalty. I like PJ, but I'm getting tired of his inability to field a competent defense.

I thought we called too many passes in the 2nd half, especially the 3rd Q. Seemed like every run went for 3-4 yards at least.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
I dont have a voice right now from hollering all game. Least i can still type on my phone.

Great atmosphere today! No doubt, GS fans showed up in force. Enjoyed tailgating with fans from both teams.

For those that thought GT would roll GS, sorry. GS belongs in FBS football and hope the doubters quiet down. The lifelong GT fan in me was proud of JT and the O for finishing the drill. The eagle in me is disappointed with the loss but proud of the fight fritz and company showed. They answered the gutcheck. Gonna be interesting to see how GS grows into FBS recruting wise the next few years.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
No need to hang your head yall should have won. Fritz has a good team just needs more depht on defense. I like your O better at putting players in space, great generator of explosive plays.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
No need to hang your head yall should have won. Fritz has a good team just needs more depht on defense. I like your O better at putting players in space, great generator of explosive plays.
I said GS speed would be an equalizer. It was definitely on display. Fritz has brought a helluvan O to the boro. His scheme fits perfectly with GS' s style of recruiting. Build the D depth on D and good things are gonna happen. This is just the beginning.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
If "y'all" is ga southern then I disagree wholeheartedly. Ga southern should not have been in this game. If we stuck to our game plan and didn't try to work on other offensive aspects then it's a blow out.... Period.

We got cocky and let them back in the game. Thy made great offensive adjustments at halftime, but the dumb decisions we made on offense allowed this. The score is our fault and does not mean that ga southern is better than people thought.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
The second half was shocking to say the least. I'm just glad we managed a win and my hat is off to GS players and coaches. They are very good, IMHO.

We're very young and thin on D and it shows. Roof's gonna have to come up with something. The O continues to put enough points on the board to win and I hope that trend continues throughout the season. I also hope the O can keep the ball longer. While it is fun to watch our passing attack when it clicks, it doesn't keep the opponents O off the field long enough.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
We gotta get a pass rush, put Gamble in at DT and move Gotsis to end or something. We seem to have power rushers at end that aren't strong enough to get a push.

Matt E

GT Athlete
We gotta get a pass rush, put Gamble in at DT and move Gotsis to end or something. We seem to have power rushers at end that aren't strong enough to get a push.

Wouldn't mind seeing us move Gotsis around between end and 3 technique. I wonder if any of the O lineman not starting have significant experience at DT?

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
This would help alot in my opinion. Were not getting gashed up the middle unless its Gurley or Duke Johnson IMO. Might as well give it a shot. Also somebody posted a video of Pete Carroll explaining.how he teaches tackling to his team. We could really use that video and start teaching it ASAP. I saw a TON of horrible angles being taken and NOBODY breaking down in front of the ball carrier to make him make a decision. They were just running full speed ahead, trying to blow them up instead of actually making the tackle. DJ White needs to go home and look in the mirror hard. He played a very poor game today. He was in position alot of times, only to let his man make a play too easily. #12 safety had a rough go of it also. Need to take better angles, period.