GT-FSU 12pm ET Kickoff.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
You missed the point of my statement....
Person A is paying thousands of dollars for multiple round trip airline tickets. They then pay more than a thousand for lodging, food and transportation. But then try to save money (less than $500) for the tickets for the game that is the reason for the trip.

Person B can't afford the thousands for air travel, lodging, food and transportation. Because of this they don't buy the tickets to the game, theoretically saving thousands of dollars in credit card debt.

To keep it even, let's say both give to the A-T Fund and The Tech Way based on disposable imcome. Both are season ticket holders. Both are loyal fans.

I'm just saying that if Person A says they can't afford the prices to buy game tickets from our beloved, cash strapped program, they probably can't afford the trip. Person B can't afford the trip and therefore has no reason to purchase tickets.

Spending thousands and then skimping on the tickets to save a few hundred just doesn't make sense.
That sure is a lot of assumptions about another person's finances and budgeting choices.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I'm so ready for this kickoff. If we can beat FSU in a close one then it would be hugeeee. We absolutely can do it. We got them at a perfect time

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Person A is paying thousands of dollars for multiple round trip airline tickets. They then pay more than a thousand for lodging, food and transportation.

Spending thousands and then skimping on the tickets to save a few hundred just doesn't make sense.
What if they fly standby and their parents get the hotel rooms because they fly free on person A’s benefits….

How do you know people aren’t skimping on the trip?

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Person A is paying thousands of dollars for multiple round trip airline tickets. They then pay more than a thousand for lodging, food and transportation. But then try to save money (less than $500) for the tickets for the game that is the reason for the trip.

Person B can't afford the thousands for air travel, lodging, food and transportation. Because of this they don't buy the tickets to the game, theoretically saving thousands of dollars in credit card debt.

To keep it even, let's say both give to the A-T Fund and The Tech Way based on disposable imcome. Both are season ticket holders. Both are loyal fans.

I'm just saying that if Person A says they can't afford the prices to buy game tickets from our beloved, cash strapped program, they probably can't afford the trip. Person B can't afford the trip and therefore has no reason to purchase tickets.

Exactly. If you're going over for the game, certainly you would make a vacation out of it and spend a week or so touring. In that case you are already going to spend $6,0000 to $8,000 or so. What's the big deal of spending an extra $200? 🤔

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
You obviously don’t know how cheap I can be.

I paid for my own school. That hit home.....

Season 2 Drinking GIF by The Office

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
See the attached AJC article about a Coach Key interview on Nat Coombs Podcast concerning preparation for FSU including mental preparation. He also discusses recruiting strategy in
Atlanta and Georgia.

Attachments

• Georgia Tech’s Brent Key wants to avenge 2014 loss he experienced in Ireland.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 47

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Piggy backing on above, anyone have a rundown of the events going on around the game? Thought I saw there was some huge pep rally on Friday

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. If you're going over for the game, certainly you would make a vacation out of it and spend a week or so touring. In that case you are already going to spend $6,0000 to $8,000 or so. What's the big deal of spending an extra $200? 🤔
I know it’s hard to believe but some people actually work. Last Ireland trip I had 4 days there. Going to get 5 this time, day of arrival and departure plus 3 days in between. Would love to vacation, but have way too many work requirements. Yeah it’s a fair amount of money to blow on a short trip, but the kids can drive a Toyota instead of a Mercedes. We don’t really need a new sofa.