Film Study GT Def Breakdown vs. Virginia Tech

slugboy

Staff member
Sorry to be critical, but you would have to be a “hero” to play hero ball, meaning there would have to be the occasional play made.

I see 2 LBs that are not instinctual and not trusting their ability. Case in point, the Curry missed tackle. I assume that he believed the RB was that much faster than him that he needed to overpursue and left himself susceptible to the cut back

OK, that answers my question from earlier. You'd hope that the instincts would be there with four games left in the season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Why does Coach Mac name never comes up as being promoted to HC?
He ran MTSU and has the experience but seems to really want to recruit and be a position coach. I heard he was offered the DC but turned it down cause he felt he couldnt handle the time / effort required . Who knows if a serious offer.
He seems to have added a lot of talent through his recruiting. Maybe he will move on to recruit elsewhere. I would like to see Andy take less coach( like sewak ) does and devote more time finding a super talented defensive players.

Let's hope the coaches move the lb up a half step, tell them to fire out sooner and we STUFF RB CARTER.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Our Dline is vastly improved from 2-3 years ago. Secondary is pretty young and inconsistent. Hopefully when the game slows down a bit for them their fundamentals will follow.

Our ILBs seem attached at the hip sometimes.....effectively reduces us to ten defenders some plays. We sure could use a Daryl Smith, Key Fox recruiting haul of backers. That’s a high bar to meet, I know. I’m a dreamer though.