GT-Clemson on College Gameday

Deleted member 2897

Has it really been 13 years since Gameday was at a Tech game? AJC says the last time was 2006, also at Clemson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, we're one of the most disrespected, overlooked, underrated teams in college football, so its not surprising to me. In 2014, we were 13 points from being undefeated, finished ranked #7, and absolutely destroyed the team (MissSt) who spent some of the season ranked #1.

That year we had 9 wins and were ranked by the time #19 Clemson rolled into town, and that game wasn't gameday. Then we rolled into Athens a 10 win team, ranked #16 playing against #9 Georgia - that was the incredible kick and the pick game. No gameday then. Then we were #11 in Charlotte at the ACCCG against #4 Florida State (12-0 at the time), and only lost by 2 points. Again, not gameday.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I have one TV like that, but unfortunately it is in my bedroom. The one in my TV room does not have that capability.
If you have a laptop with a hdmi port, you can connect to a Hdmi port on ur TV and select a 2nd display on ur computer and watch streams from your computer on TV. I do it all the time for special golf events.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

If you have a laptop with a hdmi port, you can connect to a Hdmi port on ur TV and select a 2nd display on ur computer and watch streams from your computer on TV. I do it all the time for special golf events.

I have a desktop in the TV room, and I have at least attempted to do that in the past. But for some reason my in-house WiFi apparently isn't strong enough to maintain a strong signal.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I have a desktop in the TV room, and I have at least attempted to do that in the past. But for some reason my in-house WiFi apparently isn't strong enough to maintain a strong signal.
Is a new TV in the cards at all? Amazon sells 40" TCLs (great brand, been so happy with them) with built-in Roku for $200. 4K 55" for $330.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Three weeks from now I will change my tune and be spouting out that we’re going to win, but I’m pretty sure we are going to get massacred in this game.

Now it wouldn’t surprise me if the defense stepped up and kept it low scoring in the first half they pulled away late, but I’m just not sure we will be able to move the ball real well.

Never know though...this series has had some really strange things happen in the past. It sure would be cool if Malchi Carter snagged a game winner in the Northeast corner of the stadium where Kerry and Calvin made their magical catches. I was there for both games, but I sure wish I hadn't left the 2004 game after that Clemson TD run with about three minutes left :banghead:

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Is a new TV in the cards at all? Amazon sells 40" TCLs (great brand, been so happy with them) with built-in Roku for $200. 4K 55" for $330.
He will still need a good internet connection to Roku. As I understand it, he does not have good connection to internet in TV room by Wi-Fi or cable connection.

NOPE. First the one in my TV room works fine; second I can't afford one now. I have a new router in my bedroom, so I may get a better signal in the TV room now, but I haven't checked it yet.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
Three weeks from now I will change my tune and be spouting out that we’re going to win, but I’m pretty sure we are going to get massacred in this game.

Now it wouldn’t surprise me if the defense stepped up and kept it low scoring in the first half they pulled away late, but I’m just not sure we will be able to move the ball real well.

Never know though...this series has had some really strange things happen in the past. It sure would be cool if Malchi Carter snagged a game winner in the Northeast corner of the stadium where Kerry and Calvin made their magical catches. I was there for both games, but I sure wish I hadn't left the 2004 game after that Clemson TD run with about three minutes left :banghead:

My husband and I were there for both those games, and we left after the 3rd quarter just to hear us win on the radio. Our friends with Clemson season tickets made us ride with them for the next time we played so we couldn't leave early, and we ended up getting killed. (Think Reggie was QB).

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
NOPE. First the one in my TV room works fine; second I can't afford one now. I have a new router in my bedroom, so I may get a better signal in the TV room now, but I haven't checked it yet.
Amazon sells a Wi-Fi booster for $35. Though I never had to use one, this Opticover booster has excellent reviews and if it doesn't work for you, you have easy Amazon return policy.

Deleted member 2897

Predicts us to lose 41-10, but says some really positive things about our team. Predicts we will be a decent team, notes our strong secondary and even says we have ACC caliber athletes. Not bad.

Its the first game of the season, so its hard to predict what will happen. Against the National Champions, on the road during ESPN Gameday and a night game. Has everything lined up to be a real butt whooping. But that's also the challenge - Clemson whoops almost everybody, every game. So if we do lose, there likely will be a lot of things we learn - but one thing we won't is being able to predict if we're going to have a great team this year or not.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised at something like a 48-29 kind of game. Dabo seems to have a soft spot for us and with few exceptions doesn't try to run up the score. Puts all kinds of players into the game. That slows down their offense and gives us a chance to keep the game closer.

I'm just hoping we use the memory of Brandon Adams to play inspired football. And I don't want us to give up a stupid touchdown in the first 3 minutes. The last few years we either give up a quick big play, or we turn the ball over early and already down 7-10 points before 5 minutes is off the clock.