GT @ Clemson, Friday February 12th @ 8pm (ACCN)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
But oh no we’ll keep
Him
Who else we going to get? Pastner is garbage, thought so from the day he was hired. Might as well let his buyout go down some before pulling the trigger and getting yet another medicore coach who for some reason can’t recruit.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
We will have more top 150 players next year than we have this year. We lose on the road to a team with a week off and we had 1 day rest. On a missed shot at the buzzer that ricocheted in. And ya’ll are losing your ****? LOLOLOLOLOL
No. It’s not that. It’s that this is Year 5 of Pastner with a senior heavy roster and we still won’t make the tournament.

We chocked against UVA, didn’t show up @ Duke, and then couldn’t close today. Not to mention losing to GSU and Mercer.

It would be one thing if this was a young roster...it’s the opposite. This was Pastner’s old team and the best he could do with all these seniors was be a bubble team.

Pastner will be here next year because of financial reasons. But after we probably have our worst team under him, he’ll be gone after that.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
Welp, that’s the season. It was there for the taking for us this year but we blew it. Shouldn’t have lost to Ga St and Mercer. Should have beaten UVA at least once, should have beaten Duke. And should have won tonight. A shame because this is the best team we’ve had in years

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
When many of those top 150 players are freshman, you can't expect much. Hard to not lose your sh*t with our long streak of missing the tournament.
Freshmen can be immediately productive in basketball. Josh Okogie, Jose Alvarado, and Mike Devoe are 3 good examples. Whether we luck out with 3 productive Freshmen is a different matter, but there's a chance we could be competitive next year if we go 3 for 3.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Not much to say other than I will always look back on this team and wonder how they lost so many damn games.

honestly I feel they’ve played to their talent level. They still only go 4 deep with ACC caliber starters and have absolutely no interior depth.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Freshmen can be immediately productive in basketball. Josh Okogie, Jose Alvarado, and Mike Devoe are 3 good examples. Whether we luck out with 3 productive Freshmen is a different matter, but there's a chance we could be competitive next year if we go 3 for 3.

perimeter could be solid but the front court is going to get killed unless there’s an impact grad transfer

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Jose should have taken the layup at the end. He would have scored with about six seconds left. They had no timeouts. Plus, worse case scenario is a tie game on a buzzer beater 3.
TV Teddy Valentine is showing up for Valentine’s weekend. Bogus technical foul ended up really hurting us.
I wish Sturdivant would get a chance to play more, especially in the second half.
Man, I’m sick over this one.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Who else we going to get? Pastner is garbage, thought so from the day he was hired. Might as well let his buyout go down some before pulling the trigger and getting yet another medicore coach who for some reason can’t recruit.
I’m willing to go for an up and comer that can sniff a top 50 recruit and isn’t on the way out with their former program.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Calm down on Pastner. He is a good coach. We need some players to step up eventually. Every game it’s someone not doing enough. Until we fix that or get someone that can take over we will be competitive and win some, lose some. Jose had a rough night that was capped off in the worst way possible. Not exactly Pastner’s fault.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Calm down on Pastner. He is a good coach. We need some players to step up eventually. Every game it’s someone not doing enough. Until we fix that or get someone that can take over we will be competitive and win some, lose some. Jose had a rough night that was capped off in the worst way possible. Not exactly Pastner’s fault.
Calm down? He’s about to go 0-5 in making the tournament and losing his best players. Any legit basketball program would be firing him after this season.