GT = Clemson baseball in last years of Legget....

Deleted member 2897

We are a butt hair away from 0-3. Sad.

In the off season, I was hoping Hall and Todd would sit down and figure out what he needs to move the needle. It seemed like that happened...but the outcome was “we need to practice harder”. I’m not a baseball expert, but that doesn’t sound like a plan.

We are a butt hair away from 0-3. Sad.

In the off season, I was hoping Hall and Todd would sit down and figure out what he needs to move the needle. It seemed like that happened...but the outcome was “we need to practice harder”. I’m not a baseball expert, but that doesn’t sound like a plan.
You would be correct sir.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Quotes from Coach Hall:

“I’m disappointed,” Hall said. “I thought we’d play better.”

"Starting pitching is an issue,” Hall said. “I’m not pleased with the Saturday and Sunday starts. We’ve got to have better starts out of guys throwing those two. The Minnesota game (a 3-2 Tech win) is more the way we’re capable of playing, but we’ve got to have better starts out of our starting pitching.”

“I thought we played hard today,” Hall said. “We made too many errors. That was our bugaboo. We had better approaches at the plate. We played hard. We just didn’t play hard enough."

burlgt

Georgia Tech Fan
In all fairness the majority of the fan base celebrated when Bobby initially took SC job and cried when he backed out and came back. He like Danny wore out their welcome. Yes Bobby is revered by many, but there was as day when he wasn't.

Not my recollection at all. Cremins flirted with USCe in 1993. We had just won the ACC Tournament with James Forest and despite getting upset in the first round of the NCAA, things looked good and we were riding 9 NCAA Tournaments in a row. No one wanted Bobby gone at that point. He then missed the NCAA the next two years (94 was a screw-job) before the Marbury year and 97-2000 were rough with a revolving door at PG and that's when Bobby decided to hang it up. I don't know what other pressures there were.

However, if Bobby had left in 93, GT was a top flight job at that point.

Not my recollection at all. Cremins flirted with USCe in 1993. We had just won the ACC Tournament with James Forest and despite getting upset in the first round of the NCAA, things looked good and we were riding 9 NCAA Tournaments in a row. No one wanted Bobby gone at that point. He then missed the NCAA the next two years (94 was a screw-job) before the Marbury year and 97-2000 were rough with a revolving door at PG and that's when Bobby decided to hang it up. I don't know what other pressures there were.

However, if Bobby had left in 93, GT was a top flight job at that point.
He officially resigned at Tech and South Carolina in the same week.

Quotes from Coach Hall:

“I’m disappointed,” Hall said. “I thought we’d play better.”

"Starting pitching is an issue,” Hall said. “I’m not pleased with the Saturday and Sunday starts. We’ve got to have better starts out of guys throwing those two. The Minnesota game (a 3-2 Tech win) is more the way we’re capable of playing, but we’ve got to have better starts out of our starting pitching.”

“I thought we played hard today,” Hall said. “We made too many errors. That was our bugaboo. We had better approaches at the plate. We played hard. We just didn’t play hard enough."
I bet he's got that speech memorized.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I bet he's got that speech memorized.

There's no sugar coating losing. I'm sure, or would hope he's not trying to be a broken record after those lost..

But within our fan base I understand the frustration. I'm frustrated as well, but after three games, I think it's still premature to do any actualization of him memorizing his standard quotes. I'm not giving up on this group. I think our coach knows there's a very fine line for this year..

GTEngr

Georgia Tech Fan
Old-ish graph of CDH performance... It's obvious to me its time for new energy and enthusiasm.

0hlbpg.jpg

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I really hope TS will just end the painful streak of mediocrity over the last decade and just fire CDH at end of year. Unless Hall pullls a rabbit out of his hat and wins a regional this year then its time to get some new blood in the program.
Clemson was stuck just like us for 4-5 years in mediocrity hanging on to Legget for far too long, mark my words we will never win another regional as long as DH is at the helm.
I’m tired of watching same crap every year and we need to move on once and for all...
Old-ish graph of CDH performance... It's obvious to me its time for new energy and enthusiasm.

0hlbpg.jpg
^ Yup, time to go another direction, but we probably will in like 2025.
You guys are all cool with winning this year, right?

I want the team to succeed now. ...& they can. I believe.

CDH is the coach of the one baseball team I want to win every game. No changing that any time soon. His success is our(?) success.

Try to temper your negativity... a little.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Yes, fred, I'm not pulling for us to lose. However, I'm allowed to think we have kept him far too long for what we are capable of.

We were good when baseball wasn't cool and now that it is, the competition for elite recruits that don't turn pro is much more difficult. We used to beat the Bradley's of the world 14-4. Now I really think our talent level has caught the coaching. Elite talent that flowed through here masked a lot of coaching defences. We aren't getting the players we used to. Kel is a prime example.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
We did lose one big advantage about 10- 15 years ago. The Hope scholarship gave Georgia colleges an advantage that we no longer enjoy.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Do you have a link for that? I may have heard this and forgotten it, but I don't remember a 5 year contract extension.
Yeah.. I think the details are getting lost in some of what's being posted here. Like you....I had to google a little because a 5-year extension "last year" by Stansbury did not sound right to me. Coach Hall signed a 5-year extension in Sept 2016. It was announced by the interim AD about 5 days after Stansbury was introduced as the new AD. So... its clear the extension was not "after last season" ... and I am pretty sure the "deal" preceded Stansbury.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/092716aac.html

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah.. I think the details are getting lost in some of what's being posted here. Like you....I had to google a little because a 5-year extension "last year" by Stansbury did not sound right to me. Coach Hall signed a 5-year extension in Sept 2016. It was announced by the interim AD about 5 days after Stansbury was introduced as the new AD. So... its clear the extension was not "after last season" ... and I am pretty sure the "deal" preceded Stansbury.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/092716aac.html

I thought this was the case, too. Thanks for confirming. He'll have 3 years left on his contract after this season, right?