GT and 680 the fan deal

To bad they all Jawja, Auburn, & whatever SEC program is Hot fans.
Steak Shapiro, Buck Blue, Da "Kang", Chernoff man eff that station.
They're a sports station. v103 isn't. They're also smoking 92.9 and effectively put 790 out of business. Other than starting their own sports radio station, there weren't a whole lot of choices. I do think that in an era of on demand and satellite radio, by the time this contract is over the need for a "Flagship" station may be totally nil...

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Listen I have heard them speak Tech plenty of times. Chuck and Chernoff brought in our AD, and spoke well of them. If our coach wasn't such a jerk to the media we'd probably get a little more hype. 7-5 records in a middle the road conference doesn't grab any attention.

techdad

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a great move by Tech. It will give football and basketball much more exposure. You can't expect Buck Belue to be non biased when it come to UGA football, but hopefully he choked on a dog biscuit for a few minutes when the announcement was made! Go Jackets!!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Does this mean the games won't be on 106.7 anymore? That's a strong station out here in West Ga, 680 and 93.7 not so much

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a great move by Tech. It will give football and basketball much more exposure. You can't expect Buck Belue to be non biased when it come to UGA football, but hopefully he choked on a dog biscuit for a few minutes when the announcement was made! Go Jackets!!
Exactly. Buck is a homer, and he should be. That said, he's generally fair to Tech, except when playing UGAg.

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
I think they will have to be pro GT. They are under contract. Now they would have to cuz we pay them... Lol. We need a guy on there that is a homer for us. It has never happened

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Hubbard was a Tech guy. But I'm glad to be off 790 and its dishwater weak signal. I'm no fan of the morons who populate The Fan's roster of alleged "talent," but it is a stronger signal and pulls much better numbers in the ratings books than 790 does. I think it's a step in the right direction - even if things could only go up from where they were with the broadcast deal. I'll listen to 680 when they do Tech-centric programming - live games, PJ's show, maybe MBob's segment on UpChuck and Turnoff. Other than that, I'll go back to YouTube clips of KISS or something.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I think they will have to be pro GT. They are under contract. Now they would have to cuz we pay them... Lol. We need a guy on there that is a homer for us. It has never happened

The last bunch wasn't exactly all warm and fuzzy for Tech when 790 was our flagship station. Then again, it was the beyond useless Steven Shapiro and his ill-mannered sycophants.

Maybe Bell can land a gig there so at least there's some entertaining if adolescent humor during the day.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Hubbard was a Tech guy. But I'm glad to be off 790 and its dishwater weak signal. I'm no fan of the morons who populate The Fan's roster of alleged "talent," but it is a stronger signal and pulls much better numbers in the ratings books than 790 does. I think it's a step in the right direction - even if things could only go up from where they were with the broadcast deal. I'll listen to 680 when they do Tech-centric programming - live games, PJ's show, maybe MBob's segment on UpChuck and Turnoff. Other than that, I'll go back to YouTube clips of KISS or something.

Pro Tech guys:
Hubbard (graduate)
Bock son went to GT (He hates CPJ tho)
Ryan Stewart (ex football player & graduate)
and there is a guy who is an ESPN announcer now who name escapes me.

I concur I can't stand 680.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Good move by Tech. Good for us fans too. I do loathe Chucky and Chernoff....love the upchuck and turnoff reference, thats classic.