GT and 680 the fan deal

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
The deal is official GT will use 680 the fan! Atlantas number 1 sports channel. Do y'all like the official move? Do y'all think it'll help us or hurt us. All they talk about is SEC SEC SEC and the braves of course. When it was on the air last year it seemed like we weren't even apart of it. Do you think we'll be talked about more now? I would love to see more positive things

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Win and I can promise you that we will be talked about. 6-6, 7-5 or 8-4 will not get us talked about.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Dumb. Missed opportunity.
That station has one limited demographic. SEC SEC SEC Braves
92.9 has a stronger signal, less established biases, and tie in to one of the largest stations in the South V-103.

Mitch Matthews

Georgia Tech Fan
I like the move. No matter what their bias is towards this is a huge step in the right direction and if they hated tech, would they really sign with us in the first place? Also, what about uga games?

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
92.9 has a stronger signal, less established biases, and tie in to one of the largest stations in the South V-103.

They broadcast Bama games.

680 doesn't broadcast UGA games and thus won't have potential scheduling conflicts.

You constantly bring up V103 like having a tie in there would help. 92.9 has consistently been nonchalant at best towards ACC football, and their "expert", Randy Cross, refused to preview the ACC last year, saying it wasn't football. 92.9 is the home of carpetbaggers and people who wanna talk about the NBA. And that's fine. But at least 680 has local hosts who can find Georgia Tech on a map...

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
Does this mean the talk show hosts should be more supportive of Tech sports? Buck Belue could barely muster an ounce of support last Friday when they were talking about Tech going to the regionals. I would like to hear more support from all of them for Tech sports.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
It's not biased, it's what people wanna hear and it's what brings in better ratings..if the ACC starts winning 7 national championships in a row then that will change.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
680 has a special UGA roundtable 30 minute show on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings hosted by Chuck Dowdle. They talk exclusively about UGA athletics. I wonder if they'll give Tech the same kind of exposure?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
You constantly bring up V103 like having a tie in there would help. 92.9 has consistently been nonchalant at best towards ACC football, and their "expert", Randy Cross, refused to preview the ACC last year, saying it wasn't football. 92.9 is the home of carpetbaggers and people who wanna talk about the NBA. And that's fine. But at least 680 has local hosts who can find Georgia Tech on a map...

To bad they all Jawja, Auburn, & whatever SEC program is Hot fans.
Steak Shapiro, Buck Blue, Da "Kang", Chernoff man eff that station.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah unless they fire every one of their current broadcast staff, don't expect Tech to get anything but cheap shots from this bunch. I'm amazed, Tech would agree to partner with that group. I hope Bobinski and they other Tech management folks let David Dickey (the owner) know he need's to find some folks who will give Tech a level playing field if he intends to grow any meaningful relationship with GT.

Go Jackets!