1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

GT and 680 the fan deal

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Brian Johnson, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Ramblin' Wreck

The deal is official GT will use 680 the fan! Atlantas number 1 sports channel. Do y'all like the official move? Do y'all think it'll help us or hurt us. All they talk about is SEC SEC SEC and the braves of course. When it was on the air last year it seemed like we weren't even apart of it. Do you think we'll be talked about more now? I would love to see more positive things

Mitch Matthews likes this.
  2. daBuzz

daBuzz Helluva Engineer

Win and I can promise you that we will be talked about. 6-6, 7-5 or 8-4 will not get us talked about.

awbuzz likes this.
  3. ramblinvak

ramblinvak Helluva Engineer

So what happens when us and uga have same kickoff times? Are we relegated to 680 the fan 2, an AM station?

4. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Dumb. Missed opportunity.
    That station has one limited demographic. SEC SEC SEC Braves
    92.9 has a stronger signal, less established biases, and tie in to one of the largest stations in the South V-103.

5. Mitch Matthews

Mitch Matthews Jolly Good Fellow

I like the move. No matter what their bias is towards this is a huge step in the right direction and if they hated tech, would they really sign with us in the first place? Also, what about uga games?

6. Bigb

Bigb Helluva Engineer

They broadcast Bama games.

680 doesn't broadcast UGA games and thus won't have potential scheduling conflicts.

7. Brian Johnson

Could be good

8. thagooseisloose

thagooseisloose Banned

You constantly bring up V103 like having a tie in there would help. 92.9 has consistently been nonchalant at best towards ACC football, and their "expert", Randy Cross, refused to preview the ACC last year, saying it wasn't football. 92.9 is the home of carpetbaggers and people who wanna talk about the NBA. And that's fine. But at least 680 has local hosts who can find Georgia Tech on a map...

9. Lexjacket

Lexjacket Helluva Engineer

WSB 750 broadcasts the UGA games.

10. Brian Johnson

This is a good move. We now have a station that is better than UGAs

11. Mitch Matthews

Mitch Matthews Jolly Good Fellow

From the website "The partnership will also bring ancillary Georgia Tech programming to the Fan like the "Morning Buzz", the "Coach Paul Johnson and Coach Brian GregoryShows" and "Ask the AD with Georgia Tech Athletic Director Mike Bobinski."" You can't tell me this isn't a good move!

thagooseisloose likes this.
  12. Brian Johnson

Good already seeing UGA fans get mad about it. Maybe it'll make them not listen anymore. Our games will be on it not theirs. We will have all our shows on there. Let the hate begin haha

Whiskey_Clear and Mitch Matthews like this.
  13. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

I think it is a positive move. Improvement in my mind.

14. GTFan62

GTFan62 Ramblin' Wreck

Does this mean the talk show hosts should be more supportive of Tech sports? Buck Belue could barely muster an ounce of support last Friday when they were talking about Tech going to the regionals. I would like to hear more support from all of them for Tech sports.

15. Sean311

Sean311 Helluva Engineer

It's not biased, it's what people wanna hear and it's what brings in better ratings..if the ACC starts winning 7 national championships in a row then that will change.

16. Lexjacket

Lexjacket Helluva Engineer

680 has a special UGA roundtable 30 minute show on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings hosted by Chuck Dowdle. They talk exclusively about UGA athletics. I wonder if they'll give Tech the same kind of exposure?

Mitch Matthews and ATL1 like this.
  17. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

I can still remember Al; "This is the WGST - Georgia Tech football Network." Ahhh memories that brings back

18. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

To bad they all Jawja, Auburn, & whatever SEC program is Hot fans.
    Steak Shapiro, Buck Blue, Da "Kang", Chernoff man eff that station.

19. CornerBlitz

CornerBlitz Ramblin' Wreck

Not a big fan of their hosts, but overall I think a good move. Best UGA and it will be a blast to hear the excuses.

20. Jerry the Jacket

Jerry the Jacket Helluva Engineer

Yeah unless they fire every one of their current broadcast staff, don't expect Tech to get anything but cheap shots from this bunch. I'm amazed, Tech would agree to partner with that group. I hope Bobinski and they other Tech management folks let David Dickey (the owner) know he need's to find some folks who will give Tech a level playing field if he intends to grow any meaningful relationship with GT.

Go Jackets!