GT adding a good walk on

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the walk-on route is one that could pay dividends for us. With all the talent there is in GA, the Hope Scholarship, and our propensity to give walk-ons opportunities and scholarships eventually...it makes sense for us to encourage walk-ons throughout the state.

Why play at Kennesaw, Georgia State, or Georgia Southern for free when you can come to GT on basically a half scholarship and be given a chance on the team?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Good looking athlete. Did he turn down lower level schools to walk on with us? That kid is an obvious college level player...Coach Bo at KSU could use a kid like that to build the program.

That play at the 1:28 mark is pretty nifty.

Who's their QB? Looked smooth running a similar offense to ours.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Doesn't happen often that I see someone from the old hometown choose GT. Snatched from the gates of hell. Good luck kid. Looks like he could be a good pickup for us. The next Godhigh?

Wonder if we still have The Dupree Foundation in affect in Madison? Not that Madison puts out a lot of high-level athletes (BJ Elder is the only one I can remember), but that could help for walkons.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
He's not the smoothest runner but when he gets the edge...Look out! He has incredibly deceptive speed. His straight line speed is awesome for his size.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I think the walk-on route is one that could pay dividends for us. With all the talent there is in GA, the Hope Scholarship, and our propensity to give walk-ons opportunities and scholarships eventually...it makes sense for us to encourage walk-ons throughout the state.

I agree with you. And yet there are some on here that think giving scholarships to walk-ons are a total waste. I don't get it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you. And yet there are some on here that think giving scholarships to walk-ons are a total waste. I don't get it.

PJ Daniels
Sean Bedford
Robby Godhigh
Tim Byerly

Anyone want to argue we wasted schollys on those guys?

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow
PJ Daniels
Sean Bedford
Robby Godhigh
Tim Byerly

Anyone want to argue we wasted schollys on those guys?

I couldn't agree more. Walk-on's have been a key part of our program over the last 5 years. Plus I love the notion of rewarding hard-working student athletes that chose to come to Tech for presumably the right reasons.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Good hands, can run the ball (excellent balance) in our offense and can play in the secondary. What's not to like?

Was he an invited walk-on?