GT adding a good walk on

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

2. Minawreck

Minawreck Helluva Engineer

I think the walk-on route is one that could pay dividends for us. With all the talent there is in GA, the Hope Scholarship, and our propensity to give walk-ons opportunities and scholarships eventually...it makes sense for us to encourage walk-ons throughout the state.

Why play at Kennesaw, Georgia State, or Georgia Southern for free when you can come to GT on basically a half scholarship and be given a chance on the team?

3. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Good looking athlete. Did he turn down lower level schools to walk on with us? That kid is an obvious college level player...Coach Bo at KSU could use a kid like that to build the program.

That play at the 1:28 mark is pretty nifty.

Who's their QB? Looked smooth running a similar offense to ours.

4. Techster

5. GTJackets

GTJackets Helluva Engineer

Doesn't happen often that I see someone from the old hometown choose GT. Snatched from the gates of hell. Good luck kid. Looks like he could be a good pickup for us. The next Godhigh?

Wonder if we still have The Dupree Foundation in affect in Madison? Not that Madison puts out a lot of high-level athletes (BJ Elder is the only one I can remember), but that could help for walkons.

6. GT_B

GT_B Ramblin' Wreck

He's not the smoothest runner but when he gets the edge...Look out! He has incredibly deceptive speed. His straight line speed is awesome for his size.

7. Squints

Squints Helluva Engineer

I agree with you. And yet there are some on here that think giving scholarships to walk-ons are a total waste. I don't get it.

augustabuzz likes this.
  8. Techster

PJ Daniels
    Sean Bedford
    Robby Godhigh
    Tim Byerly

Anyone want to argue we wasted schollys on those guys?

9. GT_Johnnybodkin

GT_Johnnybodkin Ramblin' Wreck

I couldn't agree more. Walk-on's have been a key part of our program over the last 5 years. Plus I love the notion of rewarding hard-working student athletes that chose to come to Tech for presumably the right reasons.

10. GoldinWhite

GoldinWhite Georgia Tech Fan

What about this boy from Marist? Is he a go?

11. jayparr

jayparr Helluva Engineer

Give him a scholly!!!!

12. Rodney Kent

Rodney Kent Ramblin' Wreck

He looks pretty good! I would certainly give him the opportunity to walk on. This means he wants to be here, and his film looked good.

13. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

Good hands, can run the ball (excellent balance) in our offense and can play in the secondary. What's not to like?

Was he an invited walk-on?

14. alaguy

alaguy Helluva Engineer

looks thicker than 190

15. forrest

forrest Georgia Tech Fan

He runs just like Laskey with a bit more shake & speed. That dude has A back written all over him in my opinion.