GT +9 @ Syracuse Monday

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Our team reminds me of one of those European racing machines of yore. If everything was perfectly tuned, carburetor was exactly calibrated, and engine humming on all cylinders, they were ferocious. But get one thing on them slightly out of whack and they ran rough like a bad used car.

So we go to Pitt needing to be perfectly calibrated to play our perfect game. And we have to take a long road trip on little rest. Great.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
IMO I could see us getting absolutely on fire from 3 and winning, or go ice cold and them doing the same and us losing by 20. Or anywhere in between. I just don't have any feel on this game

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Good first half and some nice minutes from the underclassmen. I think we are more than capable of taking this one. I feel like the ball is getting a bit stuck when we successfully penetrate the zone to the free throw line. I don't know if we can count on them shooting 29% from 3 in half 2.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Tough loss. Three good looks to win it from our best player.

Howard with a 4th straight double digit game and another double double. He's really come into his own. 18 off the bench from the freshman was a nice contribution and good to see Jalon get some run. Thought he played well but makes me wonder if something is up with Meka since we didn't see him at all. I assume Smith was out from the blow he took to the head last game.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Loved watching them tonight. First time in a while I felt I could say that.

only thing I didn’t like was forcing Devoe to take the final shot. Everyone in the building knew it was going to him and we didn’t even get a good screen for him.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tough loss. Three good looks to win it from our best player.

Howard with a 4th straight double digit game and another double double. He's really come into his own. 18 off the bench from the freshman was a nice contribution and good to see Jalon get some run. Thought he played well but makes me wonder if something is up with Meka since we didn't see him at all. I assume Smith was out from the blow he took to the head last game.
Yeah - Kelly Quinlan stated earlier this evening that Deivon was in concussion protocol. Loved seeing the performance by Rodney.

Hopefully he continues to persevere and improve. He’s really come on recently. For someone that was once a bit timid around the rim, he’s now trying to dunk all the time. He even tried that one put back dunk when he probably should have just grabbed the board.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah - Kelly Quinlan stated earlier this evening that Deivon was in concussion protocol. Loved seeing the performance by Rodney.

Hopefully he continues to persevere and improve. He’s really come on recently. For someone that was once a bit timid around the rim, he’s now trying to dunk all the time. He even tried that one put back dunk when he probably should have just grabbed the board.
I didn’t see Tristan on the bench either. No minute for Meka. J. Moore had a good game.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I have to admit that I did not see this jump coming in Howard's game. He has really come to play. Too bad he wasn't on the floor at the end. Could have used him. We had several shots at the end. Ush was open in the corner but couldn't get him the ball. I don't see how they didn't foul at the end with all those arms flailing but refs always swallow the whistle at the end of games. Hats off to Rodney and his improved play. Tough loss.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer

Yeah he’s trying to dunk everything. Love to see it. I agree with someone else on here who said his ankle injury earlier in the season really slowed our gelling.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Solid effort by the team. @Connell62 Maybe Howard will prove me wrong but I still want to see these types of teams first good teams. That’s what it will take to be any good next yr.

Will we have anything left in the tank on Wednesday?

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Starting to remind me of how Moses Wright finished out his 2nd year for us, which propelled him to a really good 3rd year.

It's a shame the team had Covid issues, and Howard had injury troubles this year. He started the season fairly well, then went two months not playing as well as he started. You can tell something is starting to click for him. Moses turned a switch when he realized how much he could do with his size and strength, and played more aggressively. Howard has totally changed his body this season, and he much stronger than when he first came here. He's seeing that he can start to impose himself.

As an aside, let's all appreciate how much of a gamer Usher has been this season. He's blossomed into a REALLY good all around player, and he's probably our best defender. It's getting lost a bit because of our...well, losses. Pro ball (somewhere) is going to suit his style of play a lot better.

The game ended with the ball in our 3 best players hands...it just didn't fall. If you said GT would be down 1 with 30 seconds left and Devoe/Usher/Coleman would all get opportunities to win it, I would have taken that scenario. Just didn't work out.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
As stated, 3 shots to win it by our best player - I’ll take that every time on the road. Also, had to bus - plane malfunction - so sched out of whack. Overcame a lot. My only beef is not running a more creative in bounds play to get it to Mike. Just seemed like a go deep and I’ll throw it long because they’re packing paint. Kind of odd IMO. Can’t believe at this point in season we don’t have one inventive in bounds. Howard showing a level of athleticism I didn’t think he had; ankle injury must have really been an issue. Good for him and his hard work. I’ve been saying it from DAY 1, I like these freshmen, and I think J. Moore is going to dramatically elevate his game the most of all. He should have got more run early on - explosive player.

Oh, and F those refs for not catching Boeheim elbowing Usher on a drive, and the foul called on Sturdivant during Girard’s 3-pointer. What a phantom sh*t call that was!!!!!

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I have to admit that I did not see this jump coming in Howard's game. He has really come to play. Too bad he wasn't on the floor at the end. Could have used him. We had several shots at the end. Ush was open in the corner but couldn't get him the ball. I don't see how they didn't foul at the end with all those arms flailing but refs always swallow the whistle at the end of games. Hats off to Rodney and his improved play. Tough loss.
Pretty well sums up the last the last 90 seconds. Seems there could have been a foul in there somewhere?