GT (-9.5) vs. UNC

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Injuries are piling up for UNC. I think that is affecting the Vegas line. UNC has had 4th quarter leads in all four losses, so don't think about this being an easy game.

They lost a couple more against Duke. I cannot remember who or on what side of the ball but they have a few starters that they will be missing against us. I don't know our injury situation other than Marshall (the lineman not the other one) was out and may be out for this week also. Will has to play both tackle and guard I am sure that is rough. I don;t know which he prefers though it seems like his dad said one time that he prefers guard.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I think UNC is marginally better than Pitt, but remember this about the Pitt game- we got the extra week rest after the UCF cancellation, and they were coming off two straight weeks against ranked opponents. I thought we would roll bigger than we did, and without the 4 TOs, we would have. I think the line is pretty close to accurate here. We should win by about 10.
I think the "bye" week we had may have hurt us more than it helped us...JMO

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Wouldn’t go anywhere near that line. UNC could go winless since the last time we faced them and Fedora will still eat his lunch on Roof. I don’t care how bad they’re D is we won’t survive a negative turnover margin like we did last week.

I watched a lot of the Duke UNC game. UNCs Qb likes to run. Their Defense is not hat great. With practice I think we can clean up the turnovers as 3 were mesh fumbles and a take your eyes off the ball pitch. I can see us putting 45 points on UNC and holding them to 14. Also UNC is 1-3 and might just be broken.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
The Jackets are currently 9.5 point favorites vs. the Tar Heels.

Track line movement here.

Also of interest:
  • Miami (-5.5) @ Duke
  • FSU (-8) @ Wake Forest
  • Georgia (-7) @ Tennessee
  • Clemson (-6.5) @ Virginia Tech

I like Wake for a possible upset over F$U

I'm praying for UT to whoop ugag

I don't foresee VT or dooky winning

Jmonty71

Banned
Also, lately UNC has seemed to bring their A game, when playing us. The thrive on short quick passes. We have not came across a team that has the offensive ability that they do. So, this will be a great test for the team, as a whole.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I think the "bye" week we had may have hurt us more than it helped us...JMO

I am afraid it did. May have helped the defense and the offensive line which Coach Johnson said was sluggish against Jax State but the timing was clearly off and we just looked rusty on offense. We will have to play better against UNC because you know Fedora will feast on our defense to some extent. I figure 28 points is the minimum we need to win and even that might not be enough. We will see. Certainly cannot afford another 3 or 4 turnover game.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I am afraid it did. May have helped the defense and the offensive line which Coach Johnson said was sluggish against Jax State but the timing was clearly off and we just looked rusty on offense. We will have to play better against UNC because you know Fedora will feast on our defense to some extent. I figure 28 points is the minimum we need to win and even that might not be enough. We will see. Certainly cannot afford another 3 or 4 turnover game.
I think the Jackets score 42 points and hold the Tarholes to 28.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Also, lately UNC has seemed to bring their A game, when playing us. The thrive on short quick passes. We have not came across a team that has the offensive ability that they do. So, this will be a great test for the team, as a whole.
Heard some saying Pitt always brings their A game against us. I like how that turned out. :D

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
They lost a couple more against Duke. I cannot remember who or on what side of the ball but they have a few starters that they will be missing against us. I don't know our injury situation other than Marshall (the lineman not the other one) was out and may be out for this week also. Will has to play both tackle and guard I am sure that is rough. I don;t know which he prefers though it seems like his dad said one time that he prefers guard.
They had a starting senior DL and a wide receiver go out with knee injuries. One was carted off and the other put no weight on it so I'm sure they are both out.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
GT cruises to win ... Still VERY bullish on this season. BTW, although 4 fumbles is unacceptable, a couple of those were freakish ...
UGAG also cruises ... I think UT's season is going to head the other way.
CU/VT, not sure who wins this but I think we need to root for CU because of the Coastal race.
FSU will rebound in a big way ... like someone said too much talent.
Duke/Miami ... haven't seen either play but will be watching on Friday.

Jmonty71

Banned
Heard some saying Pitt always brings their A game against us. I like how that turned out. :D
As I've said. I think we are our own worst enemy. We were in the UT game. And for all states and purposes, also the Pitt game. When we play without making mistakes and turnovers, we can compete with almost anyone. On the other side, when we commit needless mistakes and fumble, we can lose to almost anyone.