GT (-9.5) vs. UNC

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
The Jackets are currently 9.5 point favorites vs. the Tar Heels.

Track line movement here.

Also of interest:
  • Miami (-5.5) @ Duke
  • FSU (-8) @ Wake Forest
  • Georgia (-7) @ Tennessee
  • Clemson (-6.5) @ Virginia Tech

Clemson and Georgia will probably cover their spreads. I am hesitant about FSU but I think they will win. Miami best not sleep on Duke. This will be a good football game. I give Duke an outside chance but they will have to move the ball better than they did against UNC. I don't know if they can get up for Miami after winning an instate rivalry game.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Also of interest:
  • Miami (-5.5) @ Duke
  • FSU (-8) @ Wake Forest
I am a little bit surprised at that spread for us against UNC. They are an enigma to be sure. Their young quarterback shows promise but he cost them the game against Duke. They do not look as good as they did last year but as always they have talent, lots and lots of talent. Much of it underachieving but that's all right they always manage to get more.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
VT-Clemson will be interesting. I don't think Clemson is really a #2 team. They struggled with a terrible Auburn team and with what I'm going to assume is a mediocre BC team. On the other hand VT hasn't really played anyone yet, but they've absolutely wrecked the teams they did play with 2 shutouts and only giving up 17 points in the first quarter against ECU and then going on a 64-0 run to finish the game. If VT wins this game they have to be the favorites to win the ACC. I don't think I would touch this line with a 10ft pole.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
VT-Clemson will be interesting. I don't think Clemson is really a #2 team. They struggled with a terrible Auburn team and with what I'm going to assume is a mediocre BC team. On the other hand VT hasn't really played anyone yet, but they've absolutely wrecked the teams they did play with 2 shutouts and only giving up 17 points in the first quarter against ECU and then going on a 64-0 run to finish the game. If VT wins this game they have to be the favorites to win the ACC. I don't think I would touch this line with a 10ft pole.

Did you forget about VT's opener against WV already? That was a tight game all the way through. I'm not sure how good WV actually is though...besides VT they haven't played anybody that tough (probably ECU would be the best...56-20 so very similar to VT's score). I think VT is a good team and I'm looking forward to playing them. This year should fall back into the "GT-VT winner wins the coastal" pattern. It'll be interesting watching the Clemson matchup, it could tell a lot about both teams.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Also of interest:
  • Miami (-5.5) @ Duke
  • FSU (-8) @ Wake Forest
That might be a little too many points, we play sorry when we are the favorites.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
  • I think we win by less than 9.5 ....... but I can't predict till Thursday .....

• Miami (-5.5) @ Duke -- Miami covers the spread. Fluke gets to play a much better team than they have seen all year. Only risk is Miami will think it is a scrimmage since there won't be anyone in the stands.
  • FSU (-8) @ Wake Forest - FSU covers the spread by a lot. Far too much talent.
  • Georgia (-7) @ Tennessee - Tenn loses by less than 7 or wins. I think UGAg wins easy in the cesspool.
  • Clemson (-6.5) @ Virginia Tech - Clemson covers the spread. I think -10 is more accurate. (Atomic has it at -9 http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_2.html)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Injuries are piling up for UNC. I think that is affecting the Vegas line. UNC has had 4th quarter leads in all four losses, so don't think about this being an easy game.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
  • I think we win by less than 9.5 ....... but I can't predict till Thursday .....
  • Miami (-5.5) @ Duke -- Miami covers the spread. Fluke gets to play a much better team than they have seen all year. Only risk is Miami will think it is a scrimmage since there won't be anyone in the stands.
  • FSU (-8) @ Wake Forest - FSU covers the spread by a lot. Far too much talent.
  • Georgia (-7) @ Tennessee - Tenn loses by less than 7 or wins. I think UGAg wins easy in the cesspool.
  • Clemson (-6.5) @ Virginia Tech - Clemson covers the spread. I think -10 is more accurate. (Atomic has it at -9 http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_2.html)
Atomic's visual of our schedule really puts things into perspective. As of today our last 7 opponents are a combined 25-1. And our bye(s) will be behind us upon hitting that stretch.

upload_2017-9-25_8-2-0.png

Jmonty71

Banned

Also of interest:
  • Miami (-5.5) @ Duke
  • FSU (-8) @ Wake Forest
If we don't turn the damned ball over, we'll win by 20. If we played like we did against Pitt, we'll lose. Really hard to predict, to be honest. While the D made improvements, I don't think they'll keep UNC out of the end zone, with 4 turnovers. From here on out, ball control is key.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I think UNC is marginally better than Pitt, but remember this about the Pitt game- we got the extra week rest after the UCF cancellation, and they were coming off two straight weeks against ranked opponents. I thought we would roll bigger than we did, and without the 4 TOs, we would have. I think the line is pretty close to accurate here. We should win by about 10.

I am a little bit surprised at that spread for us against UNC. They are an enigma to be sure. Their young quarterback shows promise but he cost them the game against Duke. They do not look as good as they did last year but as always they have talent, lots and lots of talent. Much of it underachieving but that's all right they always manage to get more.
UNC is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think our offense comes out next week looking more smooth and puts up points. I think our defense reverts to form against a talented if young UNC offense. I think we win a shootout. Turnovers would cost us th game, so let's hope we solve that issue before Saturday.

I also think UT gives UGa all they can handle in Knoxville. Not sure they'll beat them, but think it'll be a close, hard fought game.