GT (+8.5) vs. North Carolina #UNCvsGT

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Our D can hold them to few enough points for us to win. If on;y the O can get going in the right direction. I'm starting to doubt the coaching staff has the ability to put our boys in a position to score points though. I don't think we have been in any sort of rhythm so far this season.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Our D can hold them to few enough points for us to win. If on;y the O can get going in the right direction. I'm starting to doubt the coaching staff has the ability to put our boys in a position to score points though. I don't think we have been in any sort of rhythm so far this season.

Closest i seen to any rhythm or baseline of an O is the whole half graham played. Even when oliver played the first half, alot of those plays were just him trying to out scramble etc.

Imo, we are 1-3. If the staff doesnt start playing the one qb that looks like he has a chance to be good for us then screw collins and the hype train he rode in on. Enough is enough on offense.

Pick a qb. Give him reps. Settle on 5 at ol as best as you can (injuries impact this i know), but by god only with graham do our wr even get the ball with some minimal regularity. Stop with the group hugs and tinkering

Oh. And southers should not be playing tackle. He has the feet of a G. Unfortunately defoor may be worse. Shrug

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Closest i seen to any rhythm or baseline of an O is the whole half graham played. Even when oliver played the first half, alot of those plays were just him trying to out scramble etc.

Imo, we are 1-3. If the staff doesnt start playing the one qb that looks like he has a chance to be good for us then screw collins and the hype train he rode in on. Enough is enough on offense.

Pick a qb. Give him reps. Settle on 5 at ol as best as you can (injuries impact this i know), but by god only with graham do our wr even get the ball with some minimal regularity. Stop with the group hugs and tinkering

Oh. And southers should not be playing tackle. He has the feet of a G. Unfortunately defoor may be worse. Shrug

I pretty much agree about Graham. I think we should shrink the playbook, and focus on what he can do. We could still use TOliver as a change of pace wildcat QB.

With that being said, UNC has played legitimately decent teams, imo, with d'oh U, Wake, and App St in addition to CU. They've looked a lot better doing it as well.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think most will be surprised how good the UNC freshman QB is. He sure doesn't play like one. He doesn't throw a tight ball but has good placement. It will test our secondary. We will probably continue to struggle with our OL against a pretty good DL. We cannot make any mistakes to have a chance.

Deleted member 2897

I think most will be surprised how good the UNC freshman QB is. He sure doesn't play like one. He doesn't throw a tight ball but has good placement. It will test our secondary. We will probably continue to struggle with our OL against a pretty good DL. We cannot make any mistakes to have a chance.

Ignoring turnovers in our own red zone, we held Clemson to 31 points at their place. If we can continue to keep holding teams to 10-20 points, that’s about all we can ask for a defense. People score that against Clemson’s defense.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I pretty much agree about Graham. I think we should shrink the playbook, and focus on what he can do. We could still use TOliver as a change of pace wildcat QB.

With that being said, UNC has played legitimately decent teams, imo, with d'oh U, Wake, and App St in addition to CU. They've looked a lot better doing it as well.

No means do i think all of a sudden doing this make us have a shot at unc. But at least i can fathom strides being made. Which is something i guess

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Last year against UNC the good guys won 38-28... Put up 570 yards of offense, including 465 rushing yards.. They lost 3 fumbles and got stuffed on 4th and short because of bad snaps a couple of times, otherwise its a blowout... Tobias Oliver had 120 rushing yards with 2 rushing touchdowns, and was 2/2 passing for 104 yards and a touchdown.... The year before that the good guys won 33-7.. Had 510 yards of total offense, including over 400 yards of rushing offense.

Good thing we installed a modern offense though. Should win by even more this year.

Last year against UNC the good guys won 38-28... Put up 570 yards of offense, including 465 rushing yards.. They lost 3 fumbles and got stuffed on 4th and short because of bad snaps a couple of times, otherwise its a blowout... Tobias Oliver had 120 rushing yards with 2 rushing touchdowns, and was 2/2 passing for 104 yards and a touchdown.... The year before that the good guys won 33-7.. Had 510 yards of total offense, including over 400 yards of rushing offense.

Good thing we installed a modern offense though. Should win by even more this year.

1 problem. Square peg, round hole

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Took a look at this UNC QB everyone is talking about....

Sam Howell - 6'1'' 225
4 star player out of high school. #1 QB out of North Carolina.. #3 pro style QB in the country.

I watched his highlights vs Miami and South Carolina... the guy looks damn good. Has a gun, makes good decisions. They have some weapons too. Javonte Williams and Michael Carter are both good running backs.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

Agreed.

Southers looks HORRIBLE at tackle. Way too slow. Saw him get blown by 3 times. Just looked really really bad. Idk who you play at tackle, but he is not the answer. If he is the best we have at tackle we are screwed. He could be an amazing guard though.

GT_EE78

Banned
This line is likely to rise and the O/U come down.Get it while u can IMO ...
so far we average under performing the spread by abt 12 ppg
I hope we improve but no longer expect it ( -8.5 - 12 = )
NC 21 GT 0

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t watched UNC so I have no idea. I do know they have a dynamic freshman running back.
They are a real team.Trust me.They played clem flat EVEN.Scary, huh? Not to say we can't make it interesting but nothing in past shows our ability to win.Every week we find a new way to lose--esp with a bad front 7 on run.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

YEP