GT (+8.5) vs. North Carolina #UNCvsGT

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
hwo are we only 8 point underdogs?
Because Vegas doesn't react emotionally. They interpret context and not just final scores.

I'm usually encouraged when lay opinion suggests big loss and Vegas is more optimistic.

ETA: Doesn't mean Vegas won't steer the line one direction or the other by Saturday.

LibertyTurns

Banned
If we’re an 8.5 point dog, they’re thinking UNC gets a TD and a FG and the line hinges on whether or not we get a safety. I’m going to put some money on no safety.

I have to make up for what I’m going to lose by GT not getting to 4 wins. Glad I didn’t take the points at Temple.

Sorry, I don’t see this staff getting a clue on how to run an offense unless we’re being in someone to help this week.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Interestingly, all of UNC’s games have been close.

UNC over South Carolina, 24-20
UNC over Miami, 28-25
Wake over UNC, 24-18
App State over UNC, 34-31
Clemson over UNC, 21-20

UNC versus all opponents: 121-124

It looks like they play to the level of their opponent. This game may end with 3-0 score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

I think our energy is going to be much better than normal, and we’re going to score more than our 9 points per game average against FBS teams. I predict UNCheat wins 23-19. 450 yards of offense, 1 defensive touchdown, and 4-9 FGs.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think our energy is going to be much better than normal, and we’re going to score more than our 9 points per game average against FBS teams. I predict UNCheat wins 23-19. 450 yards of offense, 1 defensive touchdown, and 4-9 FGs.
Sounds like a basketball analysis with 4-9 FG...you talking about 3 pointers at McCamish?

Deleted member 2897

North Carolina lost to Appalachian State and then the next week should have beat Clemson. Can we clean up our act this week and be competitive? In a close game, I actually like our chances.

Deleted member 2897

Why? Because of our great clock management? Knowledge of intricate details of game rules? ;)

HA! Good guess, but no. Worse than that. Because we're going to taste for the first time having a chance to beat what some people consider a decent team (North Carolina). And that other team is going to be under tremendous pressure to not choke and lose to what most people think is a disastrous terrible team (Georgia Tech). If we don't win again, this will be the single worst Georgia Tech football team in the last 100+ years. If North Carolina loses to that team, that would be extremely embarrassing after nearly beating Clemson.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
UNC scored 3 TD's on CU's D.

Do people really think that our D is going to hold them to 3 TD's?

I hope so. I just don't see it.

slugboy

Staff member