GT (-8.5) vs. Duke

Animal02

Banned
If you were my kid and wanted to go to UGA, you would be doing it on your own dime.

JacketFromUGA, I am just joking. Obviously, you are always welcome as a Jacket fan and you can root for whoever you choose on any weekend you want. I just wish you wouldn't tell me about it. It's kind of like crossing the streams of those weapons in "Ghostbusters". Every molecule in space explodes at the speed of light.
Yeah...,my 8 y.o.'s college is essentially paid for already. (about 160k in the 529 fund). He has already been told he can use it to go anywhere except Ugag and U of Mich.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@JacketFromUGA , we see with GT how much good it does to root for a team ....... :cautious::whistle:
  • VT (-4.5) @ Pitt (Thurs night) - VT easily wins. Too good of D and a semblance of an O. VT wins Coastal.
  • Boston College @ NC State (-15.5) - really? Does the entire BC team have mono? I'd take BC and points.
  • Louisville (-26) @ UVA. Push on this many points. Would go with L'Ville since they need to run up points to make playoffs.
  • Clemson (-3) @ FSU. Clemson by at least two scores.
  • Miami @ Notre Dame (-1). Four weeks ago I predicted Miami would lose 4 of their next 5 and was called a moron. While that may be true, I think Miami wins this one and loses @ Pitt the following week. At least I hope so.
  • Georgia vs. Florida (-7). UGAg - "Where talent goes to die". I think UGAg loses by finding another creative way to lose by less than 7.
Yeah...,my 8 y.o.'s college is essentially paid for already. (about 160k in the 529 fund). He has already been told he can use it to go anywhere except Ugag and U of Mich.

Damn that sounds like a lot. Then I realized we were talking for college 9 to 13 years from now. I've noticed in these initiatives to make college more "affordable", they focus on lower cost loans or scholarships. Don't seem to go as much after the base cost of college itself. {End of thread hijack}

Jmonty71

Banned
Jackets opened as 8.5 point favorites for Homecoming.

Watch line movements here

Other games for comparison:
  • VT (-4.5) @ Pitt (Thurs night)
  • App State (-3) @ Ga Southern (Thurs night)
  • Boston College @ NC State (-15.5)
  • Louisville (-26) @ UVA
  • Clemson (-3) @ FSU
  • Miami @ Notre Dame (-1)
  • Georgia vs. Florida (-7)
L'ville will run up the points. Keep in mind, with the new system, totally blasting a team and running up the score is a necessity for a championship bowl bid, especially with one loss.
NC State will struggle against BC, but will win. Just not by 15.5 points. Clemson will beat FSU by 10 or more. I think Florida shuts UGA out. 28-0

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I jumped on us at -6. This will go up closer to the weekend. I also took Michigan St +22 at home against Michigan. State is having our 2015 season this season. Young, talented team not closing out games and have been hit with injuries. This could be there FSU game that we had last year. Plus I hate U Michigan. I mean hate them.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I jumped on us at -6. This will go up closer to the weekend. I also took Michigan St +22 at home against Michigan. State is having our 2015 season this season. Young, talented team not closing out games and have been hit with injuries. This could be there FSU game that we had last year. Plus I hate U Michigan. I mean hate them.
The two teams I internally think are most like GT in an all around big picture are Michigan State and Oregon State so I tend to cheer for the Spartans.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If I were you're kid you'd be flabbergasted I didn't cheer for the school you paid a lot of money in tuition for.

At least my dad is.

You can always go for masters degree at tech ;)

The two teams I internally think are most like GT in an all around big picture are Michigan State and Oregon State so I tend to cheer for the Spartans.

Cal, Vandy, Pitt, Indiana, Texas Tech, Auburn....all to differing degrees

Animal02

Banned
I do not hate U of M nearly as much as I hate their Walmart fans

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I moved to Michigan in 95. Most of my family lived in MI. All Michigan fans. I always went a different
I do not hate U of M nearly as much as I hate their Walmart fans
This is what did it for me. When I moved here. After awhile I just got sick of there obnoxious arrogant *** non alum fans. Some of the alum are just as bad but all schools including Tech have arrogant alums. I tell all my MSU fans they are like the UGA of the north.

Animal02

Banned
I moved to Michigan in 95. Most of my family lived in MI. All Michigan fans. I always went a different

This is what did it for me. When I moved here. After awhile I just got sick of there obnoxious arrogant *** non alum fans. Some of the alum are just as bad but all schools including Tech have arrogant alums. I tell all my MSU fans they are like the UGA of the north.
They really are. My wife told me the story of a time she went on a blind date...way before me. They had ordered dinner, and the the guy proceeded to tell her what a big UM fan he was (not an alum) and how he could never date anybody that had gone to MSU or OSU...she told him she graduated from both....he got up and left immediately. The restaurant ended up comping hr dinner.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
They really are. My wife told me the story of a time she went on a blind date...way before me. They had ordered dinner, and the the guy proceeded to tell her what a big UM fan he was (not an alum) and how he could never date anybody that had gone to MSU or OSU...she told him she graduated from both....he got up and left immediately. The restaurant ended up comping hr dinner.
Jesus. Are you serious?!?

18in32

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah...,my 8 y.o.'s college is essentially paid for already. (about 160k in the 529 fund).
Man, you're killing me. I've got an eight year old, and for eight years I've been meaning to start a 529 fund. But the tax rules were so confusing, and there were so many options, etc. etc. So here we are at age eight and I haven't started saving yet. Nor for my six year old daughter's college fund or wedding fund. Come to think of it, not really for my retirement, either.

On the other hand, I've been sitting on the 50 for ten years and loving it. Priorities.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

That reminds me of the ESPN commercial from a few years ago where a guy leaps from a moving car when the girl he's with says she went to UM. Guy casually unbuckles his seatbelt, opens the door, and jumps out, rolling down a hill then screams "Go Buckeyes!" I've always liked that one.

Animal02

Banned
Man, you're killing me. I've got an eight year old, and for eight years I've been meaning to start a 529 fund. But the tax rules were so confusing, and there were so many options, etc. etc. So here we are at age eight and I haven't started saving yet. Nor for my six year old daughter's college fund or wedding fund. Come to think of it, not really for my retirement, either.

On the other hand, I've been sitting on the 50 for ten years and loving it. Priorities.
Well, we were fortunate. My wife inherited her father's house (it was located in downtown Baghdad, but that is another story). When we sold it.....at the peak of calm in 2010.....750k in $100 bills.....we maxed the 529 right away...think it was 105k at the time....it has grown to about 160k since then.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

He just told me, "Sure, on the important stuff. But, I had a disciple who started sinking while walking on water, and I nicknamed him Stone. ... Sank like a stone ... Cmon, that's funny, I don't care who you are."

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, we were fortunate. My wife inherited her father's house (it was located in downtown Baghdad, but that is another story). When we sold it.....at the peak of calm in 2010.....750k in $100 bills.....we maxed the 529 right away...think it was 105k at the time....it has grown to about 160k since then.

I knew u was ISIS

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
When I lived in North Carolina I saw a bumper sticker on a car that read: "OHHOWIHATEOHIOSTATE" Michigan tag of course. Carolina fans had one that was all the rage then: "Duke is puke, Wake is fake
But the team I hate
is NC STATE"