GT (+8.0) vs. #10 Virginia Tech

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Sounds about right. I figure tonight we find out if we’re trending towards 4-5 ACC wins or 8-9 wins.

I see 4 that we should win.

The one we already got.
Notre Dame at home.
Pittsburgh at home
@Miami

Could be as many as 6.
Tonight. I seriously think we have a very good shot tonight. VT didnt exactly dominate BC in Blacksburg like they should have and they are at Virginia next. Its a long layover but they may be looking ahead.

Boston College at home is possible as well.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I see 4 that we should win.

The one we already got.
Notre Dame at home.
Pittsburgh at home
@Miami

Could be as many as 6.
Tonight. I seriously think we have a very good shot tonight. VT didnt exactly dominate BC in Blacksburg like they should have and they are at Virginia next. Its a long layover but they may be looking ahead.

Boston College at home is possible as well.
If I were betting, this would also be my card.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Haven't been able to watch them much, but I got a little excited after watching the Arkansas game, then came the THUD against G-W and UGAG ... hoping we compete and if we lose it's not of the big THUD variety.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Haven't been able to watch them much, but I got a little excited after watching the Arkansas game, then came the THUD against G-W and UGAG ... hoping we compete and if we lose it's not of the big THUD variety.

Yeah the boys gotta get up for this one.

You f**k around you’re gonna lay around in this game

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Don't look now but we got smoked by a Northwestern team that is worse than both Penn State and Purdue, and beaten by a Gardner-Webb team that just got beaten by the Figthin' Camels of Campbell College. Not to mention Uga......

yeah thats it. our 9 deep rotation is made up mostly of fr and so. with only banks / alston doing any contributing. banks is new to the program.

we may not win but what we were early on is not what we will be by the end of the year imo.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
this game is a lot like the UNC/NCSU game last night. To win we have to pound the boards and hold them to way under their normal 3 point shooting. Also helps if we don't turn it over 2o something times like UNC - we don't have that margin for error. I really worry about our ability to defend their 3 point shooters. When we play the 1-3-1 we give up corner 3s that Wake didn't hit. When we play man with our big lineup there will be at least one mismatch they have shown to be really good at exploiting plus when they can space you they are really good at getting in the lane and kicking.

For us to win we have to pound the boards like UNC did (bigger team) and get some easy put back baskets plus hope they have an off night shooting. If we have to match them in small ball I don't see how we have an advantage. Not a huge window but possible.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
this game is a lot like the UNC/NCSU game last night. To win we have to pound the boards and hold them to way under their normal 3 point shooting. Also helps if we don't turn it over 2o something times like UNC - we don't have that margin for error. I really worry about our ability to defend their 3 point shooters. When we play the 1-3-1 we give up corner 3s that Wake didn't hit. When we play man with our big lineup there will be at least one mismatch they have shown to be really good at exploiting plus when they can space you they are really good at getting in the lane and kicking.

For us to win we have to pound the boards like UNC did (bigger team) and get some easy put back baskets plus hope they have an off night shooting. If we have to match them in small ball I don't see how we have an advantage. Not a huge window but possible.

And Buzz’s offense is looking for those corner 3s....

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, don’t sleep on Campbell, they have the leading scorer in Division 1. Charlie Clemons.
Think you’re talking bout Chris Clemons. Dude honestly is a better version of Lykes down in Miami. Still amazes me that he couldn’t get any Acc looks. I saw him play in Hs and the kid can HOOP!

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I don't see an official line, but ESPN's Basketball Power Index gives Virginia Tech an 82.5% chance of winning.

Home game Wednesday 1/9 with the tipoff at 7pm.

With the Hokies ranked #10, it would seem like a very low chance of Georgia Tech winning, but Virginia Tech has played relatively few decent teams. The few that I see inside the top 50-60 in KenPom were tough on them - they lost to a mediocre 7-8 Penn State team and barely beat a 9-5 Purdue team (both on the road). Lets hope their road struggles continue.

Looking at ticket availability, it looks like McCamish is 90%+ sold out.
Is that PJ court side? I see on TV off to the right? Kattycorner from tech bench

Last edited: